FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-21 2:46 pm   Permalink

Name: Golden Tiki
Type: Bar
Street: 3939 Spring Mountain Rd
City: Las Vegas
State: NV
Zip: 89102
Phone: 702.809.3636
http://www.thegoldentiki.com/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/thegoldentikivegas

Description:
http://govegas.about.com/od/Things-To-Do-in-Las-Vegas/fl/Las-Vegas-Bar-Turns-Tiki-Drinks-Into-Tropical-Gold.htm
http://vegasseven.com/2015/05/20/branden-powers-new-bar-brings-tiki-chinatown/
http://lasvegasweekly.com/nightlife/2015/jul/07/golden-tiki-bar-chinatown-cocktail-spring-mountain/

[ This Message was edited by: Loki-Tiki 2016-02-15 12:05 ]

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2015-05-22 06:58 am   Permalink

This is great news! The spread of tiki (and hopefully accompanied by good cocktails) is reason to celebrate!

I can see doing a 3-day weekend in Vegas after this place opens.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-11 11:55 am   Permalink

Saw this on their Facebook page. Seems promising from purely an aesthetic perspective (I like the Enchanted Tiki Room-inspired style tikis with drums above the center), but still kind of skeptical what the whole concept will be like once it's live.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-11 1:13 pm   Permalink

I'm a little skeptical of the fact that they straight lifted their header photo from The Foundation in Milwaukee's website...
you can see that's their Mai Tai glass in the front of the photo (it has been cropped out on Golden Tiki's FB header...) and
that photo is taken right on the bar at Milwaukee's Finest...

That image used to be the primary one on the Foundation's web page (before they updated their site a little while back),
and is on their FB page as well...

If this place is even half of what their promising, however, it ought to be quite a spectacle... though when I read
they'll be playing some "trip-hop and acid jazz, tropical house music and chill and ambient" I may or may not have
retched a little bit.

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-11 9:16 pm   Permalink

Supposed to open July 17.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-12 2:15 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I saw that too, Pete. Kinda wondered about it but "assumed" maybe someone had a soft spot for Foundation as part of the inspiration? But, you should do that kind of thing with at least a shout out to them.

I dunno, it's Vegas, so I don't expect much. Even with all that "show" and décor, locals and tiki enthusiasts will still pick Frankie's 10 times out of 10 over what this place may end up being. Flashiness not > quality drinks in a small vintage joint.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-12 2:54 pm   Permalink

The Headhunter's Village - complete with 20 foot magical waterfall - Seamen Falls

Heh, heh, Seamen Falls.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Muskeg

Posted: 2015-06-23 2:28 pm   Permalink

I've got fingers crossed that this July opening actually happens. Anyone in Vegas care to do a drive-by and get an inside scoop on the opening?

View Profile of Muskeg Send a personal message to Muskeg  Goto the website of Muskeg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-24 8:37 pm   Permalink

It should be open on or close to the scheduled date. I'm carving a tiki that will go on the waterfall, and they are expecting to have it the first week of July.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-24 10:10 pm   Permalink

Tiki Diablo is doing the build-out !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-24 10:20 pm   Permalink

It sure does look promising. 2 Tiki bars in Vegas...now that is sweet!!! I may need to plan a trip in the near future.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2015-06-24 22:21 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-25 6:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-06-23 14:28, Muskeg wrote:
I've got fingers crossed that this July opening actually happens. Anyone in Vegas care to do a drive-by and get an inside scoop on the opening?

Did a drive-by last Tuesday, but the single window at the entry was papered over.

The Golden Tiki

Posted: 2015-06-27 10:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha -

Thank you for your interest in The Golden Tiki .

I am so sorry we have been so busy working 18 hours a day, to build this tropical oasis , I haven't had a chance to reply til now . Good eye on the Facebook photo . I take full blame. We haven't had time to shoot our own images . I wanted am image that conveyed how serious we were about our drinks. I searched Google and that image came up at the time . Much love to the originators , I meant no harm. I will gladly buy them a barrel of rum or two when they come to Vegas . We finally got original art by Doug Horne and will be putting it up shortly. Let me also tell you that you need not worry about us "Vegasing" out this bar. A lot of attention to detail has gone into well every detail. I am an old school punker and lounge Dj. I used to promote the original Hanalei Hotel tiki lounge and restaurant - San Diego in 1993 until they tore it down and destroyed it . One of the saddest days of my life. Our music will stay faithful to lounge standards plus all of the Martin Denny , Les Baxter and Arthur Lyman you could possibly want. We are 24 hrs so once we establish our sound I will be bringing in Surf Rock, Punk Rock, Rockabilly , Big Band and yes maybe some other intelligent experimentation only if the room allows it . Our cocktails will also be on point . We are aging our own rum in barrels , and will stay true to all of the original receipes . We will even offer table side Tea Service. We are also working tirelessly to create the Worlds Best Mai Tai. I think we almost got it! Our concept is truly special . We are 4000 sq ft. We have a Headhunter's Village. A Mermaids Cove and a Pirates Lair. We have original carvings by Bosko , Taboo Island , Bill (as noted above) and of course Tiki Diablo (who is our main designer) Plus we will have an Animatronic Talking Golden Tiki by Irk , a Skeleton Pirate , LED Stars , Fireworks and Shooting Stars. Plus a 20 foot Waterfall and a Lava Cave Entrance. Again , we are trying our best for you. We have the history , the chops , the right team, and we promise it won't be douchey at all . Tours depart daily beginning July 17th ( weather permitting ) we welcome all explorers to The Golden Tiki * please forgive any typos . I am sending this to you from my coconut phone on Skull Island . It's dark here and can't see a thing

View Profile of The Golden Tiki Send a personal message to The Golden Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Golden Tiki

Posted: 2015-06-27 11:05 pm   Permalink

P.S. In response to above. We LOVE Moss and Frankie's. As soon as we decided to partake on this journey, I personally reached out to Moss before even telling my own girlfriend. I did it out of respect for a person who has single handedly carried the torch of coolness in Las Vegas for many years . We will never talk bad about him , we will even sell his books in our Trading Post. Frankie's is Frankie's and they are and will always be awesome. We are us and will work hard to earn your respect .Two can live together in harmony. We hope you enjoy us both in a booze filled night . You will see our staff supporting his spots as well. Vegas needs more things like this and less obnoxious nightclubs with Raft Riding , Cake Throwing Dj's . See you all soon at The Golden Tiki - Chinatown , Las Vegas

View Profile of The Golden Tiki Send a personal message to The Golden Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-06-29 9:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-06-27 22:42, The Golden Tiki wrote:
Aloha -

Thank you for your interest in The Golden Tiki ... We have the history , the chops , the right team, and we promise it won't be douchey at all . Tours depart daily beginning July 17th ( weather permitting )..."

Golden Tiki, thanks for joining the TC crowd and welcome. How about teasing us with a few "behind the scenes" photos? Few sneak peeks to get conversation going?

It sounds like you've got quite a lot planned for The Golden Tiki and we all look forward to checking it out once it's open. I, personally, want it to blow my skepticism far, far away once I've been able to experience The Golden Tiki for myself,

Mahalo and kampai!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation