FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 11:08 pm   Permalink

" Bamboo Ben did a great build . We did a 4 month build in 2 months ."

No comparison bro. I built Frankie's in 12 days by myself.

Aloha!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Golden Tiki

Posted: 2015-07-28 01:11 am   Permalink

And a great job you did too . You have to remember we spent 4 weeks of that two months trying to convince you to do our build looking forward to buying you a few Mai Tais soon.

View Profile of The Golden Tiki Send a personal message to The Golden Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-28 10:03 am   Permalink

I can vouch 100% for Braden and the drinks at the Golden Tiki. I was asked to taste some of them and have been to my fair share of Tiki bars. Their Daiquiri was as good as the one I enjoyed at The Floridita in Havana.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2015-07-28 10:09 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-28 8:46 pm   Permalink

Nice to see that Golden Tiki is really interested in everyone's input here. Thanks Branden. Ventiki in Ventura went through a very similar opening. Hostess was so drunk she was carried out to a cab 2 hours after opening, people were ignored over friends of staff, bad drinks and food, slow service, etc. Their first year was very rough, and we kept going back to see if they improved. I was feeling they were going the direction of Trader Vic's L.A. but they weathered the storm and with a new partner, chef, and staff they have made a complete turn around. We look forward to visiting The Golden Tiki. I write the "South Seas Drive In Theater" movie reviews for Tiki Magazine and have provided lost film for Forbidden Island, Frankie's Tiki Room, and Ventiki. If you need some rare film for your screen, let me know...... Ron the Beachcomber

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-08-12 7:14 pm   Permalink

Branden and the golden tiki -

I apologize if the review of the soft opening came off "brutally honest" I would not want to crush the spirit of anybody that was obviously showing so much passion on what they were doing as you and you team clearly were.....

As has already been said by others since you posted a response - I think it's awesome how much you paid attention to everything being said - I also think it's great that it sounds like most of what I thought were issues you already were concerned with or making changes to correct.

I did not take any of your explanations as "excuses" and everything you explained really makes sense to what I was seeing.....I honestly came down for the soft opening to avoid any craziness and thought I was coming right at open so I could check it out before it got crazy for the night....now knowing that there had been a private party going since 6 puts everything in perspective. I did not expect everything to be perfect being a soft opening and was understanding on that part but was confused how it got so behind at exactly opening time. I now understand.

A few explanations that were not needed, and to clarify for anybody that has not been there -- the quality of the design and the build and the attention to detail in the overall space is amazing.....when I say I walk in and feel like the hostess station looks straight out of jungle cruise I meant that 100% as a compliment to the detail that was put into it.....and everything that was completed I felt was fully up to a Disney level of showmanship. I would say that gambling screen is a detail I would omit and it sounds like you agree, but I also understand that you are in Vegas. I had nothing bad to say about the quality of the space (of what was completed) I was just a bit bummed I couldn't check it all out with it being so crazy.

Also I had a bit of a hidden compliment on the people in there which I want to pull out a little bit....everyone we interacted with was nice, when I went to cancel my order and told our serving we were leaving she did not brush us off, she was very apologetic....everybody I saw was working hard and seemed like good people. To still come off positive in that situation says a lot about them, I said I felt bad for them and I did but only because I could tell they were trying so hard and it wasn't working out, I would have not complained about anybody's service that night....and that's with still not having a drink at my table after an hour and a half.

Sounds like in hind site you would have like to have waited to open until you were 100% complete and could put on the whole show so I really can't say more about that....first impressions.....can't really ever change those, you can however tinker and adjust to make sure the 2nd impression makes up for the first, it seems like you are going in that direction.....you already have the two important parts, a beautifully designed and built space and great people.

I will at some point be giving you that second chance for sure (and I'm excited to hear you were working on a house mug) and I would encourage anybody else that makes it to Vegas to check it out as well.
I did not spend anything at your place so no refund is necessary (she was running a tab for me but had not cashed anything out before we left) but I appreciate that offer. Unfortunately I will not be able to cross paths with you at tiki oasis as I am only being able to make it to the kick off tomorrow at Bali Hai due to work events and does not look like I will be able to check out your grand opening, as much as I really want to, as it's looking I will most likely have other work travel plans. I will however take you up on a round of drinks when I am able to back to Vegas, can't promise when it will be as getting the time off to get out there for the soft opening was a rarity, but I promise I will at some point.

Thanks again for your attention and passion I wish everybody running a business was this dedicated.

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-13 04:56 am   Permalink

Just wanted to say that I am glad to see such heart and soul being put into the Golden Tiki. I am looking forward to making the trip down there to experience it. Cant wait to see the space!

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 11:24 am   Permalink

Has anyone been recently? Have things settled down?

Critiki has an entry for The Golden Tiki now, but it's in dire need of photos. Please share if you've got some!
http://critiki.com/location/the-golden-tiki-las-vegas-854/

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ThreeTikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-04 08:21 am   Permalink

Article in the Las Vegas RJ on 10/02/2015.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/view/golden-tiki-goes-all-set-polynesian-mood

View Profile of ThreeTikis Send a personal message to ThreeTikis  Email ThreeTikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-14 09:43 am   Permalink

Deadbolt is playing at Golden Tiki on Halloween Eve (All Hallows Eve Eve?)

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-14 6:10 pm   Permalink

Awesome. I love deadbolt.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-10 3:49 pm   Permalink

I finally made it to the Golden Tiki. Danny did an outstanding job. I will post some pictures below and try not to duplicate ones already posted.
I had a nice chat with Jim, the manager. All their drinks are handcrafted and made from their freshly squeezed juices, homemade syrups and other ingredients. I had their twist on the Mai Tai. It was tasty but I prefer the Original44 Mai Tai. I had their Pain Killer. It was very good. Next time I will order it on the rocks. Theirs is made slushy (frozen).
Whenever I get to Vegas I have two mandatory stops, Frankies and the Golden Tiki.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cavemoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-13 4:50 pm   Permalink

I'll be playing records tomorrow night at the Golden Tiki with Rex Dart.

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-11-18 2:55 pm   Permalink

I am here often. Other than the lack of custom Mugs, this place has yet to disappoint. Love it!

[ This Message was edited by: Kraken007 2015-11-19 07:31 ]

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-26 1:19 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-27 08:57 am   Permalink

I'll be in Vegas next month for the first time in quite a few years. Really looking forward to checking this place out.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation