FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Golden Tiki, Las Vegas, NV (bar)
Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-12-23 06:12 am   Permalink

Does anyone have any word on their Mug situation? I want to get some MUGS!

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-23 11:33 am   Permalink

when I was there earlier this month, the bartender said she heard February for a mug.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidphantomatic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-15 5:18 pm   Permalink

They just told me, from their Instagram, that their new mugs are on the way.

Hopefully I can snag one when we're there in two weeks!

View Profile of davidphantomatic Send a personal message to davidphantomatic  Goto the website of davidphantomatic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cavemoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-16 04:37 am   Permalink

Coming this February:

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-17 01:02 am   Permalink

Has anyone seen what their new mug is going to look like?

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-17 8:54 pm   Permalink

we're working on the new mug now and it will be based of my interpretation of the logo tiki.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-18 04:54 am   Permalink

Awesome Diablo! Any word on if it's a "set" of mugs (like Frankie's) or just one mug?

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-18 9:40 pm   Permalink

This sounds like its still pretty early on in the process....So I guess if I go to Vegas to try out Golden Tiki Again for my birthday the first week of Feb. I won't be able to get a signature mug?

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-09 9:11 pm   Permalink

We had a chance to visit Golden Tiki this past Weekend, so figured I'd add a few more pictures and our 2 cents.

We really liked the room and the overall look of the place. We'd heard some reviews about it being too large and a bit sparse. There are different areas, but we thought it all tied together pretty well. We like places with separate nooks and crannies, so that wasn't a negative. It looks like they're still working on filling it up more; there was a guy there (owner? I should've asked!) adding some cool new pieces during our visit. The music was a mix of Hawaiiany stuff, 50s stuff, etc. I wasn't crazy about the Reggae numbers, but overall it was unoffensive.

We tried 5 different drinks between us, but unfortunately were disappointed. The menu had several appealing options but the execution was a little off. The Mai Tai was overly sweet and somehow the lime flavor didn't taste quite real; it really reminded me of a lime Popsicle. I think our bartender may have been new - when we asked about mugs, she brought a tray of about 10 different ones over. We were surprised to see so many and asked if they were all exclusive to Golden Tiki, she said she had no idea. It also took a bit longer than expected for our drinks to be made since we were the only customers and ordered duplicates. So maybe still getting up to speed (we did later recognize some of the mugs but I don't recall whether their own mug was actually there yet; sorry.) Certainly not the worst drinks we've ever had, but not nearly the best either.

The employees were very friendly and it was good to visit (bonus: it was darn near smoke free in there during our early afternoon stop.)
We'll give them another visit next time, but with the hope that the drinks have improved.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidphantomatic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-02-21 10:08 am   Permalink

We visited a couple weeks back, here's what I posted on /r/tiki(if there's any redditors on here):

From the get-go, the decor was on point.

The drinks were great too, but my girlfriend and I agreed we still prefer Frankie's for the originality in their drinks and the intimacy.

The Golden Tiki is still a sight to see. As you walk in, you're greet with a dark waterfall and Yo Ho. It definitely puts you in the right mood.
Now tonight, to me anyway, the music was ok. Wasn't really what you'd expect for a tiki bar, as their DJ played mostly 80s and 90s hip hop.
I like the music, but again, not what I had in mind for a tiki bar.

For a Sunday night these folks were still slammed.
We chatted with the bar back briefly, but only because he didn't stop running around the entire time we were there.

I tried The Golden Tiki, which was delicious! And their Navy Grog, which they claim, on their menu, that it comes with the ice cone but mine didn't and the drink left something to be desired.
And their Painkiller with the Dole Whip, which was one of the best Painkillers I've had the pleasure of drinking.

I was disappointed to see they didn't have their signature mugs yet, so I left here empty handed.
But I snagged all the swizzle sticks from my drinks, so those will be a nice addition to my growing collection.

Overall we enjoyed The Golden Tiki, but Frankie's is still our #1.

[ This Message was edited by: davidphantomatic 2016-02-21 10:09 ]

View Profile of davidphantomatic Send a personal message to davidphantomatic  Goto the website of davidphantomatic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Golden Tiki

Posted: 2016-03-14 10:55 am   Permalink

Hey Guys this is Branden with The Golden Tiki . Thank you all for your reviews.

I am a little perplexed as we never spin 80's or 90's music unless it was a guest Dj like Daniel Ash of Love and Rockets. It could also be my resident Dj Rex Dart sometimes does spin a little different on Sundays' so maybe it was one of those days. I am a hardcore purest having been a lounge and exotica record collector and Dj since 1992. I have over 15,000 records in that genre. So , music is very important to us and well thought out. My employees do like to mix a little reggae into the mix as our place is quit large and they try to keep the energy up. If we were smaller and more intimate lounge , exotica and sleepy music works better. I personally think we offer the best , most knowledgeable Dj's in Las Vegas. Our guys spin real vinyl even on 45's. You won't find better music anywhere in Vegas I guarantee. Occasionally we experiment. We have recently brought in Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls, Matt Tong of Bloc Party, Daniel Ash of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets. I have Marky Ramone of the Ramones coming out in a few weeks for my birthday. I'm also working on Jerry of Devo , Jello Biafra and Capt Sensible of the Damned to do guest spots. So know although we may not play the continual Martin Denny , Les Baxter, and Lyman hits over and over like so many other bars do to be safe we will definitely take you on a musical journey. As far as drinks go, yes we are 4000 sq feet. Yes we sometimes do 1000+ people in a night. So consistency has been an issue. If you came during the day its been hard to keep quality bartenders when business is a lot slower so there may be a consistency issue there and for that I apologize. We are working on it. We are actually working on something really top secret that will put this whole Drink thing to rest once and for all. We are still very young in our first year of business. We are working tirelessly to move into the forefront of the tiki world in Cocktails . We want to be the best. We aren't some corporate non caring bar. We are very much a mom and pop operation and are very proud of our hundreds of 5 star reviews and being named one of the hottest new bars in the world by Barchick.com . I am looking at expanding an additional 2,500 sq feet next door to add a bigger LIVE venue, a full retail (with shirts, hats, trinkets and of course mugs..finally) Plus we are adding a sideshow where you can see a REAL 10 foot tall Cyclops skeleton discovered on Flaming Skull Island by Lord Baltimore in 1923. And, within the next 6 months we are working on a adding a fully animatronic talking bird show. Just like the Enchanted Tiki Room. So lots of surprises. I welcome you all to explore. If for some reason your experience isn't 5 stars please text me direct and I'll make sure it is. My cell is 7028093636 . Mahalo - Branden

View Profile of The Golden Tiki Send a personal message to The Golden Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2016-03-14 11:15 am   Permalink

Branden, keep up the good and hard work! Your place is on my list for my next trip out to Vegas. I don't care what happens, I know I'll have a good time at your place.

Cheers!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-14 3:55 pm   Permalink

I am also looking forward to visiting your place in the near future, see you soon I hope.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

We were thinking of circumnavigating the Grand Canyon next year, flying in and out of Vegas. But with our dollar being the way it is, we might have to hold off. That doesn't sound so bad though, if it means seeing all the stuff that you guys have in store! Singing birds? Cyclops skeletons? Sign me up!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidphantomatic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-03-20 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-03-14 10:55, The Golden Tiki wrote:
Hey Guys this is Branden with The Golden Tiki . Thank you all for your reviews.

I am a little perplexed as we never spin 80's or 90's music unless it was a guest Dj like Daniel Ash of Love and Rockets. It could also be my resident Dj Rex Dart sometimes does spin a little different on Sundays' so maybe it was one of those days. I am a hardcore purest having been a lounge and exotica record collector and Dj since 1992. I have over 15,000 records in that genre. So , music is very important to us and well thought out. My employees do like to mix a little reggae into the mix as our place is quit large and they try to keep the energy up. If we were smaller and more intimate lounge , exotica and sleepy music works better. I personally think we offer the best , most knowledgeable Dj's in Las Vegas. Our guys spin real vinyl even on 45's. You won't find better music anywhere in Vegas I guarantee. Occasionally we experiment. We have recently brought in Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls, Matt Tong of Bloc Party, Daniel Ash of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets. I have Marky Ramone of the Ramones coming out in a few weeks for my birthday. I'm also working on Jerry of Devo , Jello Biafra and Capt Sensible of the Damned to do guest spots. So know although we may not play the continual Martin Denny , Les Baxter, and Lyman hits over and over like so many other bars do to be safe we will definitely take you on a musical journey. As far as drinks go, yes we are 4000 sq feet. Yes we sometimes do 1000+ people in a night. So consistency has been an issue. If you came during the day its been hard to keep quality bartenders when business is a lot slower so there may be a consistency issue there and for that I apologize. We are working on it. We are actually working on something really top secret that will put this whole Drink thing to rest once and for all. We are still very young in our first year of business. We are working tirelessly to move into the forefront of the tiki world in Cocktails . We want to be the best. We aren't some corporate non caring bar. We are very much a mom and pop operation and are very proud of our hundreds of 5 star reviews and being named one of the hottest new bars in the world by Barchick.com . I am looking at expanding an additional 2,500 sq feet next door to add a bigger LIVE venue, a full retail (with shirts, hats, trinkets and of course mugs..finally) Plus we are adding a sideshow where you can see a REAL 10 foot tall Cyclops skeleton discovered on Flaming Skull Island by Lord Baltimore in 1923. And, within the next 6 months we are working on a adding a fully animatronic talking bird show. Just like the Enchanted Tiki Room. So lots of surprises. I welcome you all to explore. If for some reason your experience isn't 5 stars please text me direct and I'll make sure it is. My cell is 7028093636 . Mahalo - Branden

We're not done with y'all yet.
We're heading back for VLV and plan on stopping for another go 'round.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation