FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki san franciscans - can you help?
san franciscans - can you help?
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-30 7:22 pm   Permalink

we have a question over at lotta living - i bet there is some bay area hot totsie who can answer?

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=912

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 11:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

The Villa Roma was "famous" for running 200% occupancy in its' later years. I always used to marvel at the architecture everytime I passed it. If I recall correctly, it came down in the 80s. I believe the first level was all parking and the rooms were above that, kinda representing a "Jetson's-style" of architecture. And it was an intense red color with white trim. The Fisherman's Wharf Marriott was built on it (I worked there for a spell), and it was owned by Johnson Properties.

I belive the "Jackpot" you're referring to is the old JACK TAR HOTEL. It had a huge, round, revolving sign at one point. Do you think this is the place? If this is the one, let me know, and I'll tell you more.

Mahalo!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 2:37 pm   Permalink

this is great information, but could you please post it over at Lotta Living? thanks.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation