FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Plantation Pineapple rum Stiggins’s Fancy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Plantation Pineapple rum Stiggins’s Fancy
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-07-13 1:57 pm   Permalink

Seems like distribution for this, in my neck of the woods, is much more widespread with the latest batch. 6 months ago there was only one retailer I knew of that carried Stiggins and it was strictly reserved for wholesale to bars. Now atleast three different liquor store companies in Austin are carrying it. I was hoarding 4 bottles and using it sparingly. I feel at ease now. Hopefully this is a product they keep in production for a while to come.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oroborean
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-14 5:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-02 14:19, Bumboo wrote:
Interesting article on the history behind this rum in the NY Times last month:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/08/dining/new-pineapple-rum-plantation-pineapple-rum-stiggins-fancy.html

Includes a nice daiquiri variation as well (adapted from Freddie Sarkis at the Broken Shaker in Chicago):

Pineapple Express
1.5 ounces Plantation Pineapple Rum Stiggins' Fancy
.75 ounce 100 proof rhum agricole, preferably Neisson
.75 ounce fresh lime juice
.50 ounce 1:1 simple syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled coupe glass. Squeeze a grapefruit twist over glass and discard.

Also excellent in a mojito in place of plantation 3 star. yum.

View Profile of oroborean Send a personal message to oroborean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-07-18 11:01 pm   Permalink

Today a coworker gave me a clipping from the August 2018 Bon Appetit, which includes a mention of Stiggins’ Fancy:

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation