FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Harbor Hut, Morro Bay, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Harbor Hut, Morro Bay, CA (restaurant)
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2003-07-31 08:38 am   Permalink

Name:Harbor Hut
Type:restaurant
Street:1205 Embarcadero
City:Morro Bay
State:CA
Zip:93442-2041
Phone:(805) 772-2255

Description:
A seafood restaurant with cocktail lounge with nautical decor. There are 3 Tikis outside the restaurant. The largest Tiki (10-12') by the entrance was damaged and was moved around the corner on our visit 6-8 months ago. Have not tried the food or drinks.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 8:09 pm   Permalink

here are a few pictures of the tikis they have out front. there is also a picture of the building from a distance.

this is the one that was damaged (fire i think)

there is one more but i can't find the picture sorry

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2003-08-03 20:10 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fres-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 01:50 am   Permalink

Here are a few Harbor Hut pics...

View Profile of Fres-tiki Send a personal message to Fres-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 3:01 pm   Permalink

I picked up this matchbook today.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
margaritamama

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:47 pm   Permalink

Some friends and I ate at the Harbor Hut's outdoor stand and the food was just fine. It was about a year ago and I think I remember we had food like fish and chips. Lots of people from the San Joaquin Valley (Hanford, Coalinga, Avenal, Fresno, Lemoore, Visalia, etc.) go to the coast and have always talked about eating at the Harbor Hut. My mother-in-law tells the story that when my husband was small, he wondered how you were supposed to get into the hut at the top of the building.

View Profile of margaritamama Send a personal message to margaritamama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:55 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-07-19 15:01, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I picked up this matchbook today.

very cool

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 11:03 pm   Permalink

How time flies....My son Diego at the Harbor Hut in 1995:

...and in Sept 2008:

Did I shrink?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2009-07-29 5:32 pm   Permalink

I think the problem is obvious from the first photo, Sven. For God's sake! You had him rubbing wooden male virility totems willy-nilly all over the country at a young age. I hope he thanks you.

(I hope you guys rubbed a lot of well-hung Tangaroa tikis too)

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 12:23 am   Permalink

Also, early cannibal carving contact might have inspired him to supplement his diet with "long pig", which caused gigantism. Unthinkable, the damage I inflicted by subjecting a young child to all these pagan customs.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 5:59 pm   Permalink

Went to the Harbor Hut over the holidays for a quick look-see and a Mai Tai.

Here is the child's coloring book menu in the cannibal theme - enough to scare the little ones!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-10 09:50 am   Permalink

Another matchbook style from the Harbor Hut from ebay, same look as the Child's Menu.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 11:04 pm   Permalink

Visited the Harbor Hut on March 1st. Didn't have time to have food or drink, but talked with some of the wait staff who were all very friendly. They did mention that just a short time ago, someone stole a few tikis. I didn't see the cannibal tiki anywhere, so that might be the one that was taken. Very sad if so.

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 11:41 pm   Permalink

Nooooo! Sacrilege! Taboo broken! Bad mana for the thief! Although we all can identify with the desire to own such a magnificent carving, to desecrate an existing Tiki site with such looting hurts the whole Tiki community. To think how many years it stood guard at the place...

Thanks for the photos and update, that gate is really spectacular.

Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-16 12:06 am   Permalink

shame

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-17 11:18 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple of blurry-ish photos of the Harbor Hut tikis in 2001 (after Otto's party at the Madonna Inn).

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation