FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My tiki bar progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
My tiki bar progress
IDoVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-06 2:22 pm   Permalink

Killer.

View Profile of IDoVoodoo Send a personal message to IDoVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-08 4:03 pm   Permalink

Beautiful M. Hendrix! Just gorgeous!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-08 4:14 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much! Really am enjoying this new project..

View Profile of M.Hendrix Send a personal message to M.Hendrix      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-08 8:39 pm   Permalink

Excellent work! I really like how you cut the back bar vertical wood.

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-19 11:55 am   Permalink

Got the bar front almost done this weekend, added some of the accent lighting. Looks really good at night, and fading from one color to the next!

View Profile of M.Hendrix Send a personal message to M.Hendrix      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-19 11:57 am   Permalink

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-19 2:15 pm   Permalink

Great job...I'm ready to dive in your pool and then suck down a cocktail. Love all the bamboo.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRenee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-19 5:04 pm   Permalink

That turned out really nice. Is the thatch real or fake. The fake looks good and lasts a long time.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiRenee 2015-07-19 17:06 ]

View Profile of TikiRenee Send a personal message to TikiRenee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-19 5:17 pm   Permalink

liking it a lot. thanks for stool info.

what's JIG?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-20 05:03 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. The thatching is real, gonna consider synthetic when it's time to replace, thanks! As for the name, I live in Charleston, on James Island. The name is a sort of play off of a very popular place on Daniel Island. The Daniel Island Grill, which is most commonly referred to as "The DIG". So being this is our "James Island Getaway", we thought The J.I.G. would be cool. Funny thing is, I can see the ocean from the bar, best music selections for me are Buffet, Marley, Beach Boys, Chesney, Kracker,etc... Anything setting the tropical or beach scene/mood. But it never fails, someone will get to my laptop and Will Smith's "Gettin' Jiggy with it" will come on the stereo and liven things up a bit more! lol
And a note on the stools, as I said earlier, they are not the easiest to assemble. Have to trim here and there to get the fit right on a couple of them. But this past weekend had a 6'9" 315lb football player and a 400lb work buddy riding a couple of them, and they were up to the challenge! Cant beat them for the $$$! If you like the look. Thanks again, and more pics coming soon hopefully!

M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-23 7:45 pm   Permalink

First attempt at a fan/light for over bar. Not sure its gonna be final selection. Did change the white globe out for the wire cage looking piece. Made a difference, but not sold. Welcoming all/any ideas y'all may have. Thanks

Kahiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-24 04:26 am   Permalink

very cool...way to make it your own.

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
therumtrader

Posted: 2015-07-27 12:50 pm   Permalink

Looks great; probably one of the best Tiki bars in South Carolina. I was wondering your location and how things will hold up during the winter months. I'm from Summerville, SC so I know winter season is fairly short.

View Profile of therumtrader Send a personal message to therumtrader  Goto the website of therumtrader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
M.Hendrix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-27 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-27 12:50, therumtrader wrote:
Looks great; probably one of the best Tiki bars in South Carolina. I was wondering your location and how things will hold up during the winter months. I'm from Summerville, SC so I know winter season is fairly short.

Thank you for the Kind words, I'm on James Island. Gonna be first winter for the bar.I'll plan to see how it is affected, and make a plan to cover, or protect it somehow for those few months. Again, any suggestions from the experienced is always welcomed!

bitterfishies
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-28 05:17 am   Permalink

Wow! Your bar's incredible. You did an amazing job fabricating everything.

View Profile of bitterfishies Send a personal message to bitterfishies      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation