FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My first tiki (statue/sculpture)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
My first tiki (statue/sculpture)
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-23 4:39 pm   Permalink

Those look great Dutch!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-23 8:23 pm   Permalink

Very cool tikis

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-24 08:45 am   Permalink

Thanks guys

(Should there be a need for more pictures, just let me know )

I am now cutting a new one for someone who asked me if a happy Moai (out of olive wood) would be possible...

View Profile of DutchTiki Send a personal message to DutchTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-09-25 03:28 am   Permalink

Great looking mini-Moais Dutch. You have to excuse me but I look at photo backgrounds as well as the foregrounds. Do you have fig trees and palm trees in the Netherlands?
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-25 04:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Mike!

In addition to designing and model (maquette) building is exotic gardening one of my main other hobbies
I have plants from all over the world, from all continents in my garden, including palm trees, figs, bananas, etc.

Here a pic, just made...

One of the most northern jungles in the world

Soon I have to maken my garden ready for winter

View Profile of DutchTiki Send a personal message to DutchTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-09-25 05:01 am   Permalink

I'm impressed! Thanks Dutch

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-25 09:18 am   Permalink

Would love to see more pictures of your jungle and the plants.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-25 12:43 pm   Permalink

off topic, sorry mod ... my next post will be back on topic

Next time, I will look up a few nice pictures of my garden This year I didn't shoot a lot of pics from my garden, because this summer we had a storm here of (almost) "apocalyptic proportions" with much damage.

Instead, a few pictures of my other hobbies ...

building realistic (scale-)models (buildings, vehicles, trees etc.) from scratch...

and my other hobby, my german shepherds

DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-25 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quickly back on topic!!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-09-25 2:37 pm   Permalink

The models are amazing! I'm surprised you don't have Dutch Shepherds instead of German Shepherds Actually, German Shepherds are my favorite breed

DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-29 06:36 am   Permalink

@ Maddog,

Of all the breeds I like shepherds the most, of all shepherds I like Germans the most (-> Only with shepherds, okay, and cars may also be German )

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-09-29 08:07 am   Permalink

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-12 05:49 am   Permalink

Dutch, the knife handles are awesome. Luv the models, too. You have lots of talent!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DutchTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-11-30 1:10 pm   Permalink

These days I make a lot of custom knives (handles, between them there were also 2 new "MOaipinels"

A happy one & a grumpy one

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-01 12:14 pm   Permalink

Sharp

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation