[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » *
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 3:06 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:53 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 7:36 pm   Permalink

Not that your plans and the whole Halloween thing sounds great (we will be sure to make a trip down south to see it) I thought for sure that this was a theme about one of my favorite movies, The Lost Boys. It's long been my motto...

Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:42 pm   Permalink

When I go hang out at Santa Cruz, I reminice
about the scenes that were shot there.
Great movie.
Monkeyman, we have a lot in common. I use to take control of my parents front lawn and patio with haunted Halloween props every year.
The Haunted Mansion was a big influence on me, as was The Pirates of the Caribbean. I wish I could be there to enjoy your fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-01 23:45 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 12:16 am   Permalink

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 08:00 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-08-05 16:51 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 2:47 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman have you made any other Halloween sets besides the Spongbob one. Which I am still amazed by. Don't forget to post pictures.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:06 pm   Permalink

tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-16 5:45 pm   Permalink

I thought I'd "bump" this post back up to the top to see how things are progressing with Monkeyman on this event? The day is getting closer...

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-16 6:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:54 ]

johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 02:27 am   Permalink

Hey, Monkeyman! I'm sorry to say, "The Lady and I are going to Vegas for Halloween." After seeing the Spongebob S.P. props and costumes we are disapointed to miss it. You do fantastic work.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 10:10 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 10:54 ]

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 11:20 am   Permalink

I really wish I could experience your Halloween first hand, but I've been cooking up a scheme of my own!

I wasn't planning to do anything at the house this year, but a buddy from Las Vegas came down for a visit, and he's a major Halloween-trick-or-treater-experience creator, and we got to talking, and I'm now in the works for something along the lines of an abandoned carnival or penny arcade, with automaton machines that come to life!

Getting kind of a late start, but many of you are now familiar with my obsessive-compulsive behavior after experiencing the Spectacular East Indies Room, so I'm sure I'll pull something off in time.

Monkeyman, I'm looking forward to photos and the video of the Peter Pan house!

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2003-09-17 11:21 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 09:45 am   Permalink

Dang, Monkeyman, if I lived in California (ANYwhere in California!), I'd be there at your swell soirée. Rats! Give my love to your beautiful Princess Tiger Lily, Peter Pan, and my special friend, your little Tinkerbell.

I'll just have to be content with International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 4:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-02 00:16, Monkeyman wrote:
My guess is that there are quite a few more Halloween loonies (in a good way) in our TC community.

Yes, I fall into the category of "Halloween Loonies" Ever since comming in second place at one of the largest Halloween costume contests in the world (as the monster from ALIEN) I can't stop building big costumes.
I've started my 6 foot tall Tiki costume already. I will look out thew tiki's mouth, and have a hula skirt around the bottom. When I'm wearing it, it will be 9 feet tall.
When I get a little farther along I'll post some photos. I'll be Paiper macheing tonight. I've got the structure done and the face well under way.

Looking forward to seeing Monkeyman's creation this year.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-28 9:01 pm   Permalink

gosh Monkey Man, I hate to admit it but I actually have a Smee costume. And Al has the perfect Black Beard get up, of course! It is kinda out of character for me to dress up as the Captain's lackey, and I felt really prudish in my Smee costume last year at the Pirate Ball! It ain't very sexy, (all the other chicks were dressed as Pirate wenches), and there I was, wearing spectacles, sailor pants and buckles on my shoes! I felt like such a dork. Anyway, this costume is at least suitable for the viewership of children, so I'll be there as the ever faithful, Smee. -Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation