FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Childhood superstitions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Childhood superstitions
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 9:44 pm   Permalink

Amen, Futura Girl. I'm sure PJ is one of the good ones, though. Besides, public toidies are usually well lit!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 10:05 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2004-11-14 17:36 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 11:24 pm   Permalink

Ummm...just so you guys know, PurpleJade had the disgusted look still on her face AFTER she came out of the bathroom. I wasn't actually there as it happened.

Maybe a few remakes of the old sign usually found at arts & crafts fairs needs to be made by some of the carvers for our tiki bathrooms:

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"

How did this post evolve from childhood superstitions to this?

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-08-04 23:25 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 01:19 am   Permalink

"Our aim is to keep this bathroom clean...your aim will help."

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 01:30 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2003-08-04 23:24, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:How did this post evolve from childhood superstitions to this?

The first post mentions a superstition of someone not wanting to sit on a toilet.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 06:01 am   Permalink

I too am on a rampage agoainst the seat tinklers.. the motto that I made up was...
"IF EVERYONE SAT DOWN... NO ONE WOULD HAVE TO STAND UP!"

(Because the number one excuse that seat tinklers use for getting their tinkle on the seat is "I didn't want to sit in the tinkle on the seat!")

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 07:40 am   Permalink

I wish they would just lift the seat. But then, that would mean they'd have to touch it. I guess that puts us back where we started...

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 08:26 am   Permalink

I usually DO lift the seat...with my foot. Not only does that eliminate the possibility of an accidental tinkle-touch, it also lowers the potty height making it easier for tiny types like me to hover over.

And you can also see if a toilet snake is lurking under the rim.

Ta da...back on topic.

P.S. Scigirl~
I NEVER wore shoes as a kid here in N.O. and I never got those hookworms that allegedly migrate to your brain and eat it. I did however kill off a few brain cells whilst wearing shoes later in life.

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2003-08-05 08:31 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 11:04 am   Permalink

OMG! This post is hilarious! Not breathing when I went by a cemetary made it really hard for me when I was going through my Goth stage. I think I have overcome that fear, but I still gross out when I see a toilet spattered in pee! God I hate that! Living in house full of men, I have issues with toilet seats. The awnser to every question ever asked is "Babywipes" gotta love 'em.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-05 11:49 am   Permalink

Well - for what it's worth, here's my brain-eating worm story... Well, thankfully, not MINE, but a story....

The publishing company I work for has an author who does a lot of photojournalism overseas, especially in Asia. She was in Thailand, and was sampling some of the local delicacies (seafood, I think, and not monkey-brain soup ala Indiana Jones). Anyway - a couple of months later, she starts getting these intolerable headaches...

She goes to her stateside doctor, and gets x-rayed. They find that a worm has implanted itself in the base of her skull, and was feeding off of the blood vessels that go to her brain! The worm apparently came from whatever she had eaten in Thailand!

Ughhh... ughhh.. ughhh....

This also reminds me of the old earwig-goes-in-one-ear-and-bores-its-way-to-the-other-side-while-laying-eggs story.... I still get a squeam-attack whenever I see one of those little buggers.

UGHHHHH!!!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 12:06 pm   Permalink

Frenchy, you're story reminds me of an Urban Legend that made its way around email a few years ago.

WARNING -- The following story should not be read by anyone who is easily offended, faint of heart, or who has close emotional ties to crustaceans.

I warned you .......

The Miracle of Life

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-05 12:06 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 12:07 pm   Permalink

The Night Gallery with Rod Serling had an episode with Leonard Nimoy about an earwig...scary stuff!

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?title.html&0

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-08-05 18:29 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-05 1:07 pm   Permalink

Whoo... Man. Glad I'm not a seafood-eater. "Never eat anything that carries its' house around with it," as they say...

http://www.integraonline.com/~missyvonne/index.html

[ This Message was edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-08-05 13:08 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 3:16 pm   Permalink

"tinkle-touch" strikes me as a good insult.
I don't really know how one would use it, but the phrase makes me laugh!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 3:58 pm   Permalink

Damnit Pop!
There goes my thought of having an early dinner at Seafood Broiler!

Ugggh! That was one gross story.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation