FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Does anyone have any info on these frames?
Does anyone have any info on these frames?
stevekh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 09:46 am   Permalink

I just picked these up over the weekend and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these? really cool and vintage looking, but can't tell if the painting is original or if they've been painted over potentially covering up something way cooler

thanks

Steve

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 10:26 am   Permalink

These are not old - sold for $40 a few years back at tjmaxx or one of those places. I saw a pair at the flea market this weekend but the robber wanted $20 for the pair. One seemed t have some damage issues so I passed on them. I was gonna paint over then and put some tiki masks in them. These were sold with that painting in them. They weren't painted over and covering something.

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2015-07-27 10:27 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 11:12 am   Permalink

good deal! I gave 20 for the pair, that means I can paint over them as I originally wanted to! thanks for the input

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 11:36 am   Permalink

Have at it !! Just remember to post pics of the finished frames when you are done so we can see the transformation.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation