[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Ribbing the new guys
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Ribbing the new guys
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-08-04 12:41 am   Permalink

'Taint Licker' didn't make it on there either!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MonkeyPaw
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-04 11:56 am   Permalink

Al -

I can not convey how honored I am to make the #1 spot on your top ten list! I don't know what to say...Thank you! I know I had some great competition out there.. I never thought I'd be chosen for the #1 slot. Is there going to be an awards show? Do I need to prepare a speech? Who do I thank?

I promise I wont let this award go to my head..

Loving Monkeypaw

View Profile of MonkeyPaw Send a personal message to MonkeyPaw  Email MonkeyPaw     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 8:24 pm   Permalink

About this "dick-end" thing..........I feel profane things of this nature are not or should not be standard practice on a posting board, unless they are in jest and between old posters that have interacted in the past.I know I did not take to it with a happy smile ,but with an evil"i'm gunna burn your ass" grin.We all know what followed, fun as it may have been for MOST involved, some folks got hurt.This is not cool.I at least tried to keep it clean.I love a joust better than anyone, but after reading some of the recent battles, I think we should try and be a little more inventive.Free of sin I ain't, but thats how I feel.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 11:43 pm   Permalink

Maybe over in "Beyond Tiki" Hanford (or?) can post a new topic like, " Burn each other hear!" Then, we could keep all the rest of the post's clean and to the point? ( like, refer the post you are posting about but type in your responce to the "Burn each other hear" post if you feel like being a Dick-end or Taint-ass or had a bad day at work or just in a state of buzz) Or, maybe a "code word" like "D-E" or "T-A" (short for the above mentioned) if we don't dig what others/and or us, are saying. But then again, this would screw up big Al's next top ten!! What a crack up!!

Another thought is to "Hi-lite" the "Cancel Post" icon. Anyway, Hanford is da man for letin' us voice on his website!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 12:09 am   Permalink

I am confused by this topic. Kokomo was not a new member and should not be included on the list. I realize there are a lot of other fun people here and I included him amongst them. Wasn't he the one who invented the Puppy Moai? Its hard to remember that far back, maybe I am wrong. I still have a Puppy Moai fridge magnet, and I love it!

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 05:23 am   Permalink

Well I'm glad to have helped eased the word 'dick-end' in the the national consciousness, but less pleased to have ever upset anyone that I wasn't directly replying to. In actual fact 'dick-end' is very low down the table in terms of offensiveness. It's the kind of word that might crop up during a teen soap aired at 6:30pm, so it was never meant as a brutal, cutting insult.
Fans of British swearwords can find a lot more of them at:
http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm

I've been spending less time on North Sea trawlers, so I've refrained from using the crude language of sea-folk in recent weeks. (Actually, I'd forgotten about TC's name-calling rule, and Hanford was quite right to pull me and others up on that).

Tiki Central seems to have gone back to the happy place it once was, so my lesson has been learned.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-05 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-05 00:09, fartsatune wrote:
Kokomo was not a new member and should not be included on the list. Wasn't he the one who invented the Puppy Moai? Its hard to remember that far back, maybe I am wrong.

Ah, hem... but I - Tiki Bong - was the originator of the ever popular 'penis eared puppy moai'. It was on a thread when Mad Tiki was bagging on Tikifish for posting her art or something.

Now, back to our regular programming...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 10:18 am   Permalink

Hey my two wheeled brother, I'm afraid the aforementioned phallic putdown has taken on a life of it's own and i'm sure that none of us are meaning to refer to the original dispute when invoking the term.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:38 pm   Permalink

no problem, I am just a little worried about the newbies getting turned off by profane things being posted.I know in england that D-E is in fact very light on the scale as trader has stated, I mean, these guys call each other the "c" word daily over there!.I can take alot of ribbing and hang with the best of them, but in the process of our playful verbage, someone reading the post can get their feelings really hurt when they were not the intended target in the first place.The insult hurled can hit the bullseye,but flatten ten nice, good natured folks that read some of these "playful posts".Think of a bunch of guys shooting the s--t in a nice eatery,just blasting away at each other in jest, and around the corner is a nice elderly couple(or a table of full of cute,young gals) shocked and hurt at the exchange they just witnessed.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 01:08 am   Permalink

Sorry about that mistake Bong, you deserve full credit for that insult. It should always remain on the top ten list! Sometimes its your "subtle" insults that are best, this is my fave of yours...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=2040&forum=1

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-07 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-06 23:38, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
no problem, I am just a little worried about the newbies getting turned off by profane things being posted.I know in england that D-E is in fact very light on the scale as trader has stated, I mean, these guys call each other the "c" word daily over there!.I can take alot of ribbing and hang with the best of them, but in the process of our playful verbage, someone reading the post can get their feelings really hurt when they were not the intended target in the first place.The insult hurled can hit the bullseye,but flatten ten nice, good natured folks that read some of these "playful posts".Think of a bunch of guys shooting the s--t in a nice eatery,just blasting away at each other in jest, and around the corner is a nice elderly couple(or a table of full of cute,young gals) shocked and hurt at the exchange they just witnessed.

2-Wheeler,

I know you got sent to the corner for a few off-color statements, but jeez, don't go overboard the other way. Are you going to sell you bikes and buy a Vespa too?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 2:35 pm   Permalink

Coco Joe sez:

Two Wheelin' don' wanna pickle,
Just wanna ride on his motor-cickle.

You had a little trouble
for the verbal spar
but we still love you,
just the way you are.
Ridin' your Harley
and smokin' a big cigar!

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 9:32 pm   Permalink

You try and be a nice guy and POW!!, right in the chops!.The real meaning of my last statement is be cool unless you know the other A.H., then play/spar in a very direct way that won't hurt the FEMALES!!!(I was trying to be a good little P.C. guy).I got some flak from the gals for my stuff, and they were never the target.I think we should be able to play on "beyond tiki" without fear of the dreaded padlock,what say you?.

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 3:19 pm   Permalink

Wow that's awesome, I never had seen the original Hoity Toity thread. I love it.

Whooops, I mean, as a moderator, I cannot condone such behaviour!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation