FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Official Announcement of The Hukilau 2016
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The Official Announcement of The Hukilau 2016
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-20 09:13 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Central!!

This is the earliest we have announced The Hukilau but we wanted to let you know details as soon as they come available!

June 8 - 12, 2016

*Shag will attend the event
*Shag will give a very special Symposium
*Shag will host Shag's SkyLounge - a live Shag painting with you as the characters - in the revolving Pier Top Lounge
*The Return of the Tiki Tower Takeover
*DIY Tiki Craft Projects - fun for you to take home!
*We are back at the 66! The Hukilau will be held at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66!
*The Hukilau's 15th Anniversary and the Mai-Kai's 60th Anniversary!!

We will announce more details in October when Weekend Passes and some tickets come available.

In the meantime, keep informed by checking our Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/thehukilau
And sign up for news on our Website: http://www.thehukilau.com

We hope to see you in 2016!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2015-08-20 10:02 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-20 10:20 am   Permalink

SO excited and happy we're back at the 66! Can't wait to see what the symposiums are.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2015-08-20 10:46 am   Permalink

A W E S O M E !

I am so going to be there...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-20 11:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-20 10:20, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
SO excited and happy we're back at the 66! Can't wait to see what the symposiums are. :)

EPCOTExplorer - glad you're coming back! We will run into each other eventually! Ha! Hope California was good to you!

The Hukilau

The Most Authentic Tiki Event in the World and the Official Event Honoring the Mai-Kai est. 1956

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-20 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-20 10:46, AceExplorer wrote:

A W E S O M E !

I am so going to be there...

Great AceExplorer! We are looking forward to seeing you in 2016!

The Hukilau

The Most Authentic Tiki Event in the World and the Official Event Honoring the Mai-Kai est. 1956

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-25 12:48 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to let everyone know that Shag will be giving his first Symposium for any Tiki Event ever!!! Tickets for this event will go on sale in October, along with event Passes and Hotel Reservations will go live as well!

We have other really exciting news to be announced soon so keep an eye out here or via Social Media:

http://www.facebook.com/thehukilau
http://www.twitter.com/thehukilau
Instagram: thehukilau

The Hukilau

JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-08-26 10:23 am   Permalink

Awesome! Any chance there can be more seating available (or a smaller group of people) at the Tiki Terrace Takeover? There were so few tables (and people willing to share) and drinking that much in a spinning room is a tad unsettling.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-26 1:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-26 10:23, JenTiki wrote:
Awesome! Any chance there can be more seating available (or a smaller group of people) at the Tiki Terrace Takeover? There were so few tables (and people willing to share) and drinking that much in a spinning room is a tad unsettling.

JenTiki - we couldn't agree with you more! Yes, there will be additional tables for the Tiki Tower Takeover and also we will be serving Polynesian Tidbits for everyone to snack on while they drink those delicious cocktails! I'm afraid there won't be fewer people though - this event was one of our most popular for 2015! We will definitely do whatever it takes to make the experience extraordinary!

The Hukilau

JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-08-27 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-26 13:23, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Yes, there will be additional tables for the Tiki Tower Takeover and also we will be serving Polynesian Tidbits for everyone to snack on while they drink those delicious cocktails!

That's great news! Maybe some nice loungy benches would add some flexibility and keep people moving, rather than camping out for the whole time when others are left standing. Just a thought.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robtikiti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-08-28 5:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-26 13:23, tiki_kiliki wrote:
...there will be additional tables for the Tiki Tower Takeover and also we will be serving Polynesian Tidbits for everyone to snack on while they drink those delicious cocktails! I'm afraid there won't be fewer people though - this event was one of our most popular for 2015! We will definitely do whatever it takes to make the experience extraordinary!

This was definitely a highlight of this year's Hukilau. The drinks, the location, the energy in the room... it was all great!

I'll just chime in and say that the room felt relatively crowded with the people and tables that were there. I think I used a table one time for a few minutes and the folks there were perfectly kind when I asked if I could join them.

As the lines were long, I essentially got a drink and then got in the next line and was done with the previous cocktail before I got to the next. No real time for sitting or even putting my drink down.

Yes to adding some food to the event. Since it started around the dinner hour, I had not eaten and by the end of it was relatively... happy! Luckily I had eaten a big lunch.

Any thought to doing this a little bit later? Say... late enough so that it concludes just after sunset? The view would be fairly spectacular.

Looking forward to it again!

View Profile of robtikiti Send a personal message to robtikiti  Goto the website of robtikiti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-29 07:09 am   Permalink

Though it is a Tiki event, I'd dig a vintage Jet Set theme for an event in that Modern wonder space. I'll dig out my sharkskin suit for the occasion and have Mrs. Swanky in a dress and heels.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-30 08:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-29 07:09, Swanky wrote:
Though it is a Tiki event, I'd dig a vintage Jet Set theme for an event in that Modern wonder space. I'll dig out my sharkskin suit for the occasion and have Mrs. Swanky in a dress and heels.

We got you covered Swanky! On Thursday, June 8, 2016 we plan to transform the Pier Top Lounge into a living Shag painting. Complete with Mid-Century Furnishings, Cocktails and everyone dressed as a characters you'd see on a Shag canvas! The event is called Shag's Sky Lounge! Don't miss it!

The Hukilau

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-05 1:23 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see the "Tiki Tower" Sky Lounge. I hear there will be an all star cast in 2016 (again). I'm looking forward to connecting with old friends!

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2015-09-05 13:24 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-05 5:35 pm   Permalink

Exciting news!

I haven't been to a really large tiki event yet but am starting to feel braver....

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-08 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hukilau was our first big tiki event.
It's a good one to start with.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation