FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Is the Tahitian Terrace about to return?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Is the Tahitian Terrace about to return?
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-05-17 11:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-16 09:55, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:

Interesting; that looks almost exactly like the glass I got during my visit last August.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-21 7:45 pm   Permalink

This looks great. You could sneak some airplane bottles in and empty them into your ex-Virgin Tropical Libation, then just sit around watching the Jungle Cruise boats coming in.

Yeah, add a couple of skewers and ya got a party. Put your feet up on the railing. They ain't gonna get me out of that place once the sun sets.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-22 07:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-17 23:00, Hamo wrote:
Interesting; that looks almost exactly like the glass I got during my visit last August.

I think that's the first time I've seen the merch precede the announcement of the attraction, let alone the existence of it!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube

Posted: 2018-05-22 4:26 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2018-05-22 07:24, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Quote:

I think that's the first time I've seen the merch precede the announcement of the attraction, let alone the existence of it!

It's a little difficult to read, but the glass appears to say established in '58. Could this be in reference to the restaurant idea that Walt had before making the Enchanted Tiki Room just an attraction? Or are they just using the original Tiki Room date?

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-22 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-22 16:26, tikitube wrote:
It's a little difficult to read, but the glass appears to say established in '58. Could this be in reference to the restaurant idea that Walt had before making the Enchanted Tiki Room just an attraction? Or are they just using the original Tiki Room date?

I looked up the glass (and t-shirts) with the logo and it says "Est. '63", so it's referring to the Tiki Room.

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo

Posted: 2018-05-24 8:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-22 20:17, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Quote:

On 2018-05-22 16:26, tikitube wrote:

I looked up the glass (and t-shirts) with the logo and it says "Est. '63", so it's referring to the Tiki Room.

Right. The main text says “Walt’s Tropical Hideaway Karaoke Hut,” and the surrounding text says “Where the birds sing words and the flowers croon.”

With exception of the “y,” the font for “Tropical Hideaway” on both glass and wall appear identical. The pessimist in me thinks they decided, “Hey, we already did this thing for merch; let’s just go with that.”

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-25 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-24 20:45, Hamo wrote:The pessimist in me thinks they decided, “Hey, we already did this thing for merch; let’s just go with that.”

I would say you are spot on with that. A little revision and you've saved yourself hours of work and time on needlessly rebranding what was already created.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2018-05-25 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-25 10:07, kkocka wrote:
Quote:

On 2018-05-24 20:45, Hamo wrote:The pessimist in me thinks they decided, “Hey, we already did this thing for merch; let’s just go with that.”

I would say you are spot on with that. A little revision and you've saved yourself hours of work and time on needlessly rebranding what was already created.

We also can thank the Imagineers for their enjoyment of tiki and tropical things which they have had for a number of years. They just plain enjoy this stuff like we do. It's cool, it's fun, and their guests enjoy it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-25 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-05-24 20:45, Hamo wrote:
With exception of the “y,” the font for “Tropical Hideaway” on both glass and wall appear identical. The pessimist in me thinks they decided, “Hey, we already did this thing for merch; let’s just go with that.”

That might be a LITTLE cynical. If I was going to speculate wildly, I'd imagine it was more along the lines of them working from the same zeitgeist and maybe seeing the merch and thinking it was a good name. After that, you just borrow the same logo until the real logo is hashed out.

Hamo

Posted: 2018-05-25 9:21 pm   Permalink

Okay, I can see it that way, too. But considering the company’s recent “laziness,” can you blame me for being pessimistic?

Hamo

Posted: 2018-05-25 9:25 pm   Permalink

Although I don’t really get why they’d change the appearance of just one letter between the two designs....

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-18 1:24 pm   Permalink

Aladdin’s Oasis has disappeared

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation