FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Minnie's Restaurant, Modesto, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Minnie's Restaurant, Modesto, CA (restaurant)
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 10:55 pm   Permalink

Name:Minnie's Restaurant
Type:Restaurant, Bar & large outside patio with bar
Street:107 McHenry Ave.
City:Modesto
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:209-524-4621
http://www.minniesmodesto.com

Description:
PolyAsian style with lots of tikis, located at the 5 points intersection where McHenry Ave. begins.

Updated to show website.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-02-23 08:56 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 11:17 pm   Permalink

The owners tend the inside bar Thurs. and Fri. nights. This is the only Tiki related restaurant in Modesto. On a scale of 1 to 4 the food and drink get a 2 1/2 to 3. Forget about music Exotica. Generally the Juke Box rules, occassional live pop music. You'll just have to dig the beautiful people.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-08-03 23:18 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 12:07 am   Permalink

Hey JT,
The women look mighty fine too.
I like how you "accidently" clipped off the text on Minnie's sign.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 7:00 pm   Permalink

Honestly, I hadn't noticed that till you mentioned it. Photography is an amazing art form. The Human brain is also very amazing. When viewing images (not you, your brain) the brain will "fill in" images that have been "excluded". There's a word for it, I think, just can't remember. Ahh, the amazing forgetful brain.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 9:22 pm   Permalink

JT,
Not you dude. It just takes a warped mind to acknowledge such a thing, and that's what I'm here for. No charge.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 1:57 pm   Permalink

Minnies is great! I met JungleTrader there one night for dinner and drinks and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It is truly a classic old school joint and worth getting off I-5 for a Tiki detour. Just make sure and let JT know you're coming. I think he gets lonely out there.

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 11:33 pm   Permalink

Wow, this place looks amazing!! I might be heading up that way soon, thanks for the info!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 08:09 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Atomicchick.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 9:11 pm   Permalink

It was a pleasure to meet new TC members Tikicleen and her hubby recently at Minnie's. We were once again given a tour by fellow local carver Mick. Apparently Tikicleen is a huge mug collector... (well she's not huge like a big person or anything like that) but she knows mugs and a lot of history behind them. Hope to meet other members up here sometime and stay in touch wit da' locals. Good to talk story with you Tikicleen. Hopefully we can suck 'em up wit Tikivixen soon also.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 5:36 pm   Permalink

Went to Minnie's a couple of weeks ago (was on vacation up north). Spent most of the night there but forgot the camera. Went back the next morning and the owner was nice enough to let us in to take some pics. Here's some of the pics I took...

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-07-21 17:39 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 09:00 am   Permalink

I just updated the first post to show Minnie's website. Still a cool place and as old as the Mai Kai. Go there.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 12:15 pm   Permalink

Great, thanks. Authentic Tiki bars like this are certainly a rarity nowadays, so go whenever you can. To hear about the theft and selling of some of the velvets kills me. Their collection was jaw-dropping, just check out the ones under the Tyree Story on their website, Leeteg was tame in comparison.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 8:24 pm   Permalink

Matchbook from Minnie's.

Wish the old pics where still there. Anybody been lately?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 3:55 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Dustycajun. The old pictures, for the time being, just check out there website. I'll check my files and see if I still have any.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-01 12:10 am   Permalink

We stopped by for a visit on our way down to Tiki Oasis this year. Here's a couple photos.

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation