FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Here are a few of my recently carved tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Here are a few of my recently carved tikis
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-17 5:11 pm   Permalink

Here's my latest tiki totem. When finished it'll be a three faced totem standing 6'5" tall. I'll post more as I continue!

View Profile of Tuga's Tikis Send a personal message to Tuga's Tikis  Email Tuga's Tikis Goto the website of Tuga's Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-17 5:15 pm   Permalink

Here's a closer picture.

View Profile of Tuga's Tikis Send a personal message to Tuga's Tikis  Email Tuga's Tikis Goto the website of Tuga's Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chainsaw10

Posted: 2015-09-17 5:27 pm   Permalink

Very nice stuff! That triple headed threeki is lookin great:)

View Profile of Chainsaw10 Send a personal message to Chainsaw10      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-21 11:54 am   Permalink

Finally got back to work on the Freaky Threeki. Like most I have a full time job. I also have a really bad fishing habit that I have to attend to weekly. Anyhow, this is where I am at this point in the project. He needs to dry out a little then I'll sand again and seal it up. I'll post the finished totem in a few days.

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-26 1:21 pm   Permalink

Freaky Threeki completed! On to the next project.

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-26 1:24 pm   Permalink

Picked up a load of new stock this morning. Two more loads to go. Gotta get stock piled for winter!

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-28 02:06 am   Permalink

Am I crazy? This is Kon! He is just under 8 ft and is pretty damn heavy. I was recently offered $700.00 for him which I turned down. I told myself that I wouldn't let him go for less then 800. What's the general consensus here on what to charge for our work? I under stand that everyone is different and all pieces are too, but is there a general rule of thumb? I have about 10 hrs of time into this piece.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-28 07:02 am   Permalink

Pricing is the toughest part of trying to sell your carvings. If you have a finished tiki its easier to establish a price (you know how much work went into it) - trying to establish pricing on commissions is much more difficult. I say stick tour guns and demand what you expect - After all, you probably have more than 40 hours into it. Would you work a full-time job for $700/week? Most of my carving works out to be less than $10/hour! and people think I'm expensive!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-28 12:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks. Your right it's hard to figure out at times, but you also made a very good point about the job.

DHTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-29 09:27 am   Permalink

I think you're pretty close on the pricing. What I've read here, many folks use the $100/foot method. Use that as a base and vary it up or down based on complexity/time spent/etc.

You've only got 10 hours in that? Good grief, that'd take me weeks! Nice job...

Cheers!

View Profile of DHTiki Send a personal message to DHTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

Spent some time picking up new logs for the winter stock this past weekend. This is the part I hate worst, but a necessity if I'm going to be able to stay busy this winter.

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-08 5:23 pm   Permalink

Added some detail to Baby Kon.

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-08 5:46 pm   Permalink

Pre-carving meditation.

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-10 11:33 am   Permalink

King Gotapee

Tuga's Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-14 1:55 pm   Permalink

King Gotapee is finished. On to the next project. Aloha my friends!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation