FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Resources for creating my custom menu?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Resources for creating my custom menu?
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 08:06 am   Permalink

Anyone care to share any resources they might have for creating a custom menu? This will be for my basement bar, but I'd like it to look nice.

Looking for fonts, menu backgrounds, artwork, and nice vintage drawings of various drinks, as you would find on vintage menus.

Alternately, high resolution scans of vintage menus might work.

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Bannow 2015-09-16 11:12 ]

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 08:35 am   Permalink

Here are some pics of the small menus I have made for my home bar the Hukilau Lounge. I just used vintage menu scans and edited out the text and added my own. Not very hard and they came out fairly good. There are site that have classic menus an that can be viewed online. Have fun and show us what you come up with.

Here is a thread that may be of interest.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41634&forum=10

And this site.
http://www.lapl.org/collections-resources/visual-collections/menu-collection

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2015-09-15 08:35 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 10:19 am   Permalink

Thanks! That definitely helps. I just need to find some white background menus and I can pull images easily from that.

Now, to find a cool font ...

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-09-15 12:07 pm   Permalink

Search the web for House Industries fonts.. they have a few "tiki fonts".. also Squidart.com use to sell some Dave made..
Aloha

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker

Posted: 2015-09-15 2:53 pm   Permalink

Maybe hire one of the many talented artists on here to draw something for you?

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 3:02 pm   Permalink

I've thought about having someone draw something, but don't know what that would cost. Any ideas?

Since this is my home bar, I'm not making money off this.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 09:26 am   Permalink

First draft of the cover for my menu.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 10:38 am   Permalink

Now that's really cool !!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-09-18 2:23 pm   Permalink

Here's a thread about a very creative and totally awesome home bar modular drink menu made by Humuhumu.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=48017&forum=18&15

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 5:17 pm   Permalink

https://www.musthavemenus.com/template/tropical.html

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 5:19 pm   Permalink

http://news.critiki.com/category/arkiva-tropika/

http://www.deliciousindustries.com/blog/arkiva-tropika

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-18 5:23 pm   Permalink

Nice job on the cover Jeff.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-18 7:18 pm   Permalink

Great start. Humuhumu's modular (mentioned above) is great. I have one made in PowerPoint. Lay down the background graphic and add word art titles (bar name, etc), then use text boxes for drinks and food. You can easily customize the food or drink text boxes for the evening without disrupting everything else and print them on some nice cardstock.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-19 5:09 pm   Permalink

I mocked up one...couple of funny ingredients and none of these tested...mostly place holders.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-24 8:32 pm   Permalink

i've actually been using my photoshop experience to try and make photos looks like illustrations to do my own tiki menu - my main goal is to have pics of my drinks in mugs look like watercolors, or illustrations of the deinks like they did back in the day - cover should be the easy part.

heres where i'm at on it

original photo

background removed

magic steps and photoshop voodoo

imfeel like its got a pretty good illustrator /watercolor effect - only step i need to do know is cut out background texture of the white (piece of cake to do in adobe illustrator)

[ This Message was edited by: stevekh 2016-02-24 20:39 ]

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation