FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ID on hand carved tiki?
ID on hand carved tiki?
frankydickson

Posted: 2015-09-28 10:53 am   Permalink

Hello!
I'm new to this board. I started collecting years ago on our honeymoon to Maui, been slowly adding pieces whenever we're back.
Bought this guy from an artist. I'd written down the names at the time, but it seems to have disappeared. Can anyone ID the two figures here?

Many thanks

View Profile of frankydickson Send a personal message to frankydickson      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-28 12:11 pm   Permalink

I assume it's not signed or marked on the back or bottom? If it is, please include pics.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-28 2:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

They are basic tourist pieces sold all over the islands... They are rarely signed.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-28 2:49 pm   Permalink

Hi Franky. I'm not sure what gods the carvings are supposed to represent. If you are trying to ID them in that way. I think some artistic license is taken in carving some tourists pieces but I may be mistaken. Cool pieces to bring home though. I have a couple in my home bar and welcome to TC.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2015-09-28 15:04 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-09-29 8:31 pm   Permalink

Not to sure but there are a few carvers ere in the island now.. Possibly Tao if it was bought at the Swap Meet at the college or Tavika who is a local carver here in Kihei..
Aloha

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation