FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » New Shag print out now! (no tiki content)
New Shag print out now! (no tiki content)
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 2:44 pm   Permalink

For any Shag fans out there, The Missing Suitors is now for sale at http://www.shagmart.com. There is no tiki content in this one but thought I'd share the info for anyone interested.

[ This Message was edited by: Scotty on 2003-08-05 14:48 ]

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 3:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I noticed they finally have specials up on shorts and shirts too. The "Blue Flora" is my favorite.

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 05:58 am   Permalink

No tiki content per se, but head shrinking is definitely kissing kinfolk of tiki.

After being less than impressed with some of Piet and Josh's recent choices for serigraph releases (not one but two Satyr releases for 2003!?), I picked this one up because it is more than a nice mod chick pic. Once the viewer sees what the gal is holding, a reexamination of the whole scene is in order.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 12:08 pm   Permalink

My print will be hung on the wall facing the front door as a subtle warning to all who enter my life with romantic intentions.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 1:14 pm   Permalink

ooooh, watch your heads boys!

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 4:51 pm   Permalink

The Shag homage to Manet's Le Déjeuner sur l'Herbe was the first Shag print I've bought in 2 years - I have always loved the Manet original and actually made a trip to the Orsee Museum in Paris with the express mission of seeing Déjeuner sur l'Herbe in person. I also went to the Shag "People in the City" show in NY and saw his original version of "Luncheon in the Grass"! The lack of tiki in this particular print was of no concern to me...

[ This Message was edited by: Johntiki on 2003-08-06 16:56 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 7:56 pm   Permalink

and it's still available! WOW, it didn't sell out in 3 hours such as some of the past prints. Maybe it's because Shag's cranking out 1 new print a month and not everyone can afford a $200 price tag? Neat mod print though.

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation