[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » HEROIN
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
HEROIN
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 2:25 pm   Permalink

It Is indeed an interesting fact. But like any fact taken outside it's context, it can be very misleading to the wrong people.

Kind of like those 'Hitler was a genius' quippers, or the 'You only use 10 percent of your brain' folks.

(actually, the 10 percent thing ain't true, and I have my doubts about ol' Adolf as well).

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 2:44 pm   Permalink

speaking of hitler, my wife (a history phd student) has been teaching the verbal section of the mcat this summer for a test prep company called Kaplan. students pay them to take this course so they can do better on the test. the mcat is a test you take to get into medical school. anyway, one of the exercises is to write an essay both defending and disagreeing with the statement "great leaders are made, not born." and use examples.
A disturbingly large proportion of people use horrendously bad examples of "great leaders," and hitler is the most popular of those. You "know" they they don't mean hitler was "great" but reading some of these essays makes you wonder sometimes...

http://deus.org

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 2:59 pm   Permalink

I have never, and will never do it, but oddly enough I have six friends who "did it on occassion". (as they liked to pretend) Three are now dead (OD'd) and one has cut all previous contacts as part of her rehab, and the fifth is usually a street person because he can't keep a job, and steals your stuff if you let him stay at your house. the fifth is the sweetest girl you could know (now that she is not strung out) but she has terrible breath. That is because she dosen't take care of her dentures. She's only 30, but all her teeth rotted out during her time on the stuff. Oh the Glamor!

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 3:07 pm   Permalink

Man Tiki King, I know being a Uke Star means running with a fast crowd, but I had no idea.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 4:43 pm   Permalink

It is the ultimate cliché drug, as in everybody I knew who took it said "I'll never get addicted" and now they are worthless junkie scum!

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 5:17 pm   Permalink

I have two friends who are former addicts, and it f****d their lives up beyond repair. The only reason they did it is because they were young, stupid, depressed, and self-destructive. I live in a city with 60,000 addicts, and I am amazed it has reared its ugly head here in TC. Gag.

emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-06 5:49 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-12-05 19:21 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation