Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Wanted: The Book of Tiki
Wanted: The Book of Tiki
TU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-06 09:20 am   Permalink

I'm sure this is a common need, but if anyone has an extra Book of Tiki laying around, I am in the market. I have been watching eBay and such, but would rather go thru TC and keep it in the family.

Wish it was available in digital, but a good smoke-free copy would make my day.

Thanks.
TU

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jah Jim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-30 1:30 pm   Permalink

I have a near perfect paperback that I bought for resale. I'm just waiting for Sven to return to autograph it and then I was going to offer it.

View Profile of Jah Jim Send a personal message to Jah Jim  Email Jah Jim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-11-02 06:15 am   Permalink

THis one has a low start price. Ends today.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-01-30 8:03 pm   Permalink

If one still needs a copy of BoT, and one is very patient, Thriftbooks is another venue to check. Add it to your wish list and get an instant email when they receive a copy. That’s how I got my good condition hardcover copy, and I was also able to use a coupon. Plus shipping is free over $10.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-book-of-tiki_sven-a-kirsten/268149/#isbn=382286417X

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-31 2:08 pm   Permalink

I swear I got mine shrinkwrapped new last year from Amazon, for $80 or so. Maybe I got lucky? Definitely didn't get a used book!

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-12 9:51 pm   Permalink

theres one on ebay with a slightly damaged corner for like 75 i think

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Email nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-12 11:39 pm   Permalink

and no you dont really want it digital. once you have this in your hands, theres no comparison to looking at it on a screen

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOOK-OF-TIKI-By-Sven-A-Kirsten-Polynesian-Hawaiiana-Cocktails-Taschen-Hardcover/352276793048?epid=1666171&hash=item52055546d8:g:LnoAAOSwUYNaMKRJ

just realized this is an old thread, you probably got it already

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Email nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation