FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central and the Room 135 singers present: Songs of ancestor worship to singalong to
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Central and the Room 135 singers present: Songs of ancestor worship to singalong to
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-16 2:03 pm   Permalink

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder,
we rifle and loot
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
We kidnap and pillage
and don't give a hoot

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack

We kindle and char
and inflame and ignite
We burn up the city,
we're really a fright

Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.
We're rascals and scoundrels
and villains and knaves
We're devils and black
sheep and really bad eggs

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-16 4:28 pm   Permalink

I second that!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-17 07:38 am   Permalink

Yo Floratina,
I'm working on this dudes house in Huntington Harbor who has 4 of the old pirates (from the ride) and canons on his dock, on his porch and on the top of his house! first time I was there, they freaked me out!! He is now putting a thatched hut on the dock with a spa in it, next to the yaught!! Must be nice!! I can't get that song out of my head!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-17 07:44 am   Permalink

p.s.
Any Centralites who want to send CD's my way I'll play em' in the store. Also, send your mailing address, etc. so I can reffer customers as of where to purchase them. We don't stock other stuff but we LOVE to do referrals (i know, ben use spell check!!)(by now, i think everyone know's i can't spell. oh well!!).I also can't type! Hunt & peck. Address is below.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Sun. 11-4ish

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-17 6:45 pm   Permalink

How on earth did this guy get the actual pirates? I hope they are protected from the elements - they are not so tough! O whassa matter little tough little pirate, melting in the sun! You gonna come after me and kick my ass now? Ha ha, just as I thought.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-17 10:49 pm   Permalink

I think they are made of some sort of something hard. Next time I'm there, I'll ask. I just wiz by them cause the freak me out!!! And, then you hear boats going bye with people saying, look at the pirates! All day long. F'in pirates!! Anyone have that CD with all the Disney songs on it? We had a pirate costume party moons ago and played Yo Ho(and Friggin in the Riggin, sex pistols) for like 8 hrs. all night. I wander if that's why the freak me out!!!? Friggin in the riggin, friggin in the riggin, friggen in the riggen and blah blah blah blah blah! Time for bed Ben!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Sun. 11-4ish

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-18 2:36 pm   Permalink

Yes, I believe the lyrics go something like, "Friggin in the riggin, there was f*ck all else to do".

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2002-07-18 14:40 ]

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-18 3:19 pm   Permalink

"He stuffed his arse with broken glarse and circumcised the skipper" et al.

A classic, but I don't think the Pistols wrote it. Anybody have an earlier recording?

Anyone heavily into pirates should visit Bristol, UK. There are pubs there which were used by smugglers & pirates, but EVEN BETTER, there are people who actually TALK like pirates!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-07-24 01:23 am   Permalink

Since we're talking about fun tunes a la the Caliente singalong, I put up a couple mp3s in a web folder if anyone's interested...

http://www.goofspot.com/music/

Someone asked about Annette's Date Night In Hawaii - dunno if that was a request, but I put it up. Also Jeri Southern's great version of An Occasional Man. And two Japanese hawaiiana numbers from Midori Tashiro, including a version of Pineapple Princess.

Dunno for sure if this'll work for anyone, and they're big big files (like 3-5 Mb each) so be forewarned, and probably don't bother if you don't have a fast connection.

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 12:33 pm   Permalink

I am still looking for the record or cd of HawaiiAnnette, but gee it was swell hearing her sing Every Night is Date Night. Thanks!!!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-18 14:36, floratina wrote:
Yes, I believe the lyrics go something like, "Friggin in the riggin, there was f*ck all else to do".

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2002-07-18 14:40 ]

The Captain's daughter Charlotte,
she was born and bred a harlot.
Her thighs at night were lily-white,
by morning they were scarlet!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-07-24 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-17 18:45, floratina wrote:
How on earth did this guy get the actual pirates?

Disney is not above auctioning off old stuff like this (or employees taking them if they're not "important"). 2 years ago Disney sold off the "Disneyland" sign that sat outside the park. they took it down during the remodeling and sold it on ebay. it went for 35,000.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-28 08:16 am   Permalink

He owns one of the biggest Electrical outifts in the U.S.. I believe that's how he gpt the Pirates. Anyone ever been to Barbados? Sam Loards Castle? He was a hard core pirate. Lot's o stories there. They mix a drink called a Buccaneer(sp) that makes you climb giant palm trees and get stuck!!! Been there, done that! They have a boat that's called the Jolly Roger (booze cruz to the max!). They fill you up with flying fish sandwiches make you dink gallons of Rum Punch and then make you walk the plank!! Barbados is cool.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Sun. 11-4ish

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation