FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Bahooka, Rosemead, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Bahooka, Rosemead, CA (restaurant)
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

There is a fundraiser going on right now to find a new home for Rufus. Please check it out.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-02-11 4:19 pm   Permalink

Here it is

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/help-rufus-the-fish-find-a-forever-home-/136424

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-17 11:31 pm   Permalink

The Post Office boxes at the front of the Bahooka. Now part of my collection.

Taking down the bamboo.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-18 01:04 am   Permalink

Does anyone else feel like we are watching someone strip the bones of the dead?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-18 10:25 am   Permalink

At least it looks like they are taking their time removing everything from the building. They could have just went in there tearing everything apart and have it cleared out in a week.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-18 11:29 am   Permalink

Why post the negative comments, guys?

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-18 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-18 10:25, Rob Roy wrote:
At least it looks like they are taking their time removing everything from the building. They could have just went in there tearing everything apart and have it cleared out in a week.

The point is to NOT tear everything apart and destroy it. They decided to not keep the PO boxes after all, so I grabbed them. As well as the bamboo.

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-18 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-18 01:04, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Feel free to stop reading this thread then, as I will continue to post these Bahooka pictures. You'd rather this stuff end up in a dumpster? Where's your "Tiki Ohana"?

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-18 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-18 11:38, Fez Moai wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-03-18 01:04, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Feel free to stop reading this thread then, as I will continue to post these Bahooka pictures. You'd rather this stuff end up in a dumpster? Where's your "Tiki Ohana"?

As with everything I have ever said to you, you have continuously missed the point
I for one, am very bothered by these pictures of the destruction of the Bahooka
and your boasting of new additions to your collection, what are you going to do with a wall of
old mailboxes anyway? there is nothing Tiki about them.

I find it all rather insensitive to those here on TC whom would rather keep the old memories of the place intact
without seeing it torn apart on its way to becoming a Chinese restaurant, Am I the only here
who thinks so?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-03-18 2:23 pm   Permalink

ATP,

In Fez Moai's defense, I'd rather see those mailboxes going to someone's collection than into a construction dumpster. I understand that people who visited Bahooka may suffer some distress at seeing it being dismantled,but I have a hard time seeing how it's different than all if the threads on here showing pictures of abandoned tiki locations that have fallen into ruin.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-18 8:16 pm   Permalink

What a drama queen.

The signs are also part of my collection now.

The restroom signs

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-19 05:24 am   Permalink

It is sad to see the destruction, but what's done is done.
I also like to see as much of any tiki joint as I can dead or alive, so
thanks for posting the pics.
It's odd how the stuff in a tiki place can look very cool when the place is open
and all of the décor intact, but then you take one part out get it in the sunlight
then bam this thing don't look so cool any more.

Plus I bet nobody really took the time to look at those Witco like posts while Bahooka was open,
too much else to look at.

"I'd rather see those mailboxes going to someone's collection than into a construction dumpster."
I think that's kinda rare these days, though I think Alan Zhu would crap himself if he knew what
this stuff is worth.(I bet you could get at least $300.00 or more for those boxes)
He wants $100.00 bucks for old fish tanks, then I'm guessing (by the prices you fez are selling stuff for)gives the décor away for cheap.
Alan Zhu does not sound like a guy who is on the ball really.

Keep posting the photos Fez I like em.
In fact some close up photos of those Witco like posts would be nice.
Those would be easy for anyone to make for their home bars as they are just a hunk of
wood with some chain saw cuts on the sides.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-03-25 11:37 pm   Permalink

I really love this light.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-03-25 23:39 ]

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-03-26 07:31 am   Permalink

Is that cycad wood?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 08:46 am   Permalink

All drama aside ( ATP . I'm glad the Bahooka Stuff is going to People rather than the dump. I come from a Beachcombing Family and like to see stuff getting re-used. Long live the Bahooka in memories and peoples collections!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation