FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events First Annual Tiki Fest on Catalina Island August 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
First Annual Tiki Fest on Catalina Island August 16
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 4:11 pm   Permalink

Here's some pics from the event :

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20740&forum=17&hilite=Catalina%20island%20tiki%20fest

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 6:08 pm   Permalink

Hana Hou!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-02-10 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-10 16:07, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-10 15:46, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-10 09:37, Tiki Kitty wrote:
... I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is that it was a logistical nightmare for the bands and vendors? ...

I think you're right, this probably nails it. An affordable car ferry to Catalina would solve this.

No cars allowed, at least in Avalon. Golf carts only. If only some TCer had a boat they were willing to ferry people over on...

From a vendor and musician point of view, there is a ton of stuff to haul out there. It's not going to matter who owns the boat, they'll still have to load their stuff into their car at home, drive to the dock, transfer the load to a boat, travel to Catalina, transfer the load from the boat to.. to what? A golf cart? And then get it to the event site only to unload again and set up. Yeah, I can see why it's not happening again.

At least at Two Harbors there were pickup trucks that would haul your stuff from the dock to the nearby campgrounds.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 5:08 pm   Permalink

There are plenty of minivan taxis but still it would definitely be a logistical nightmare for a band. Nevertheless, I would go in a hot minute and rent a condo for the weekend. I loooove Catalina.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2010-02-14 17:14 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation