Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's Toronto
Trader Vic's Toronto
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 12:27 pm   Permalink

I've asked this before, and I'm sure I will ask this again, but does ANYONE have any photos, postcards or ephemera from Trader Vic's Toronto (in the Hilton basement).

I would LOVE to see anything you have.

It kills me to know it was here, and now it's gone, and I never went there, as my tiki enlightenment came too late.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 10:20 pm   Permalink

Ah, tikifish, I so completely relate...like me and the Bayshore Hotel Vic's.

Be of good cheer - at least you saw the Kahiki. Of course if I see or hear of anything it'll get passed on, never fear.

aloha,
emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Can-Tiki-E

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:04 pm   Permalink

Hi

Is this where I sign up for the Canadians Who Were Too Young To Go To Tiki Bars Before They Were Torn Down Club?

Just kidding - I'm from Montreal, and I became of legal drinking age just after the Kon-Tiki disappeared. I can relate.

I shouldn't complain since I'm lucky enough to be able to go to Jardin Tiki and enjoy the Kon-Tiki decor they inherited. (their buffet, on the other hand, I could probably live without)

Should I ever come across relics from any Can-Tiki establishments, I'd be happy to let you know.

cheers,
ew

View Profile of Can-Tiki-E Send a personal message to Can-Tiki-E      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:18 pm   Permalink

I just bought a flying saucer-shaped shell ceiling light from a guy in Canada that said it came from the Kon-Tiki in Montreal. I sent a picture to Bob at OA and he said they were sold by Jungle Trader in Southern Cal. but they went out of business. I didn't know Jardin Tiki inherited stuff from the Kon-Tiki, so that's officially on my must do list now.
Regarding missing Vics (shall we post their names on milk cartons?), I'd love to see photos or postcards of the one in St. Petersburg, Florida. That's where Florida's only TV was located. I bet a lot of people didn't know we had one. (Right JT?)

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 5:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-08 13:04, Can-Tiki-E wrote:
Hi

Is this where I sign up for the Canadians Who Were Too Young To Go To Tiki Bars Before They Were Torn Down Club?

I'll join that club, but only if it has an "Old Enough to Have Gone to Tiki Bars but Didn't Get Hip to Tiki Until Recently and Could Just Kick Myself Now" branch. In Edmonton we had the Beachcomber which I went to once, by a fluke, before it closed in 1980, and the Tiki Tiki which was around into the 90's that I didn't go to even once.

-Sweety

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation