FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Have you unexpectedly met someone famous?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
Have you unexpectedly met someone famous?
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 5:03 pm   Permalink

I ran into Tiki Kiliki while I was at Ohana last weekend..... does that count?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 04:40 am   Permalink

I met Paul Reubens, AKA Pee Wee Herman. He unexpectedly showed up at a birthday party for a gal he went to high school with here in Sarasota. Kind of quiet, but very gracious when folks started asking for autographs. I still have mine....

Also met Paul Simon in a furniture store here, his parents own a condo out at the beach, Saw Henry Winkler at an antique toy show in Tampa where he was buying stuff up, and everyone sees Jerry Springer here in town all the time....

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2009-09-29 04:42 ]

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 11:15 am   Permalink

no one famous ever comes to the Seattle area - unless they're on their way to Vancouver BC for filming!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

kd lang having lunch today with (i assume) her mom, at the Italian Centre (south side). I was too shy (and respectful of her privacy - that's how we roll in Canada) to say hi.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-02 5:52 pm   Permalink

I've actually seen quite a few famous people out and about in LA, but I'll only include people that I've actually spoken to.
The Academy had a tribute to Mel Brooks in 2009 and I was very happy to be sitting about 6 feet away from him. The audience was filled with old and not so old comedians and actors. Afterwards when my girlfriend and I went to our car we were surprised to see Carl Reiner and Sherwood Schwartz walking to their car so we stopped and asked them to sign the program. They were happy to oblige and actually talked to us for a while. True gentlemen.
At the premier for RocknRolla my friends and I were waiting in the lobby of the Arclight waiting for the movie to start when a very beautiful and well-dressed British lady started to talking to us about movies. It turned out it was Thandie Newton. She was very nice and funny. Afterward, on the way back to our car, Gary Oldman and his now-wife, Alexandra Edenborough, were heading back to their car and we stopped and asked them for an autograph. They were both very nice and polite.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:12 pm   Permalink

I am having drinks with Alec Baldwin right now......we are both born on the same day
and like Old Fashion's....which we are drinking right now......soooo....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-05-02 20:16 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:33 pm   Permalink

Lol, ATP!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation