FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki What was your first mug?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
What was your first mug?
tikitucson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-08 09:45 am   Permalink

Mine too was the black moai from the Tiki's but found at a swap meet in N. Arizona.

View Profile of tikitucson Send a personal message to tikitucson      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-08-08 10:23 am   Permalink

When I graduated from college (88) and got my first New York City apartment, I convinced my roommates that instead of regular glasses, we needed to buy a case of Moai mugs from Orchids of Hawaii for our kitchen. We also got skull mugs for our coffee.

I still have the catalogue, and 6 of the mugs. Those were the days.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 10:35 am   Permalink

Mine was an absolute no brainer. I got one of the many Tiki Farm mugs at Soap Plant/Wacko in LA. Specifically, it was the Hibuscus Head mug.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 10:51 am   Permalink

Shag led me to the world of Tiki so it of course it happened to Kapu-Kapu.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 11:02 am   Permalink

My first mug was this beaut, Digs #19 of 100, from Munktiki.

In a drunken moment of benevolence, I attempted to give it away to a friend, but they refused. So now I'm stuck with it.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 11:20 am   Permalink

My parents used Barbados rum in my formula to help with my teathing. I was "pacified" toward the almighty tiki. The rest is history.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomiczombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:08 pm   Permalink

When I was 5, my parents went on a "date" to the newly opened Benihana of Tokyo here in Harrisburg. My mom had a Mai Tai or Sing' Sling or something and brought the mug home for me. It's a white "Jolly Hotei" and it still has the foil stamp on the bottom marked Imperial Imports Japan. I was so excited that, AAK!... my head fell off.

View Profile of atomiczombie Send a personal message to atomiczombie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:22 pm   Permalink

O.H.'s Tiki Leilani from the Hawaiian Inn, of course.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-08-08 13:36 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:24 pm   Permalink

A carved wooden Ku mug for a 1, our eyes met across a crowded charity store and i was in love.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 1:24 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Bob rip-off from Bali Hai at Ponchartrain Beach, natch.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 3:56 pm   Permalink

My first mug was a "Sneaky Tiki" from Harvey's. Shortly after that I got a Harvey's bucket -- it now sits in my aquarium and Sluggo (my oscar) likes to push it around with his mouth.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2003-08-08 4:13 pm   Permalink

Again, four black moais from The Tikis at a garage sale for a quarter apiece. I had seen tiki mugs often enough at garage sales but these were the first I decided to buy. I remember thinking, "they're so common, but if I want to have my own tiki bar in my house, I better start buying mugs for it." Later that day I went to almost played-out estate sale at 4:00pm or so. I picked up 2 handled Westwood mugs for fifty cents each that no one had touched all day. I thought it would always be this easy. sigh.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suffering bastard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-08 5:34 pm   Permalink

Mine was a modern brown tiki mug that I bought a few years ago at a flea market they hold at the U of H stadium on Oahu. After that, I was hooked.

View Profile of suffering bastard Send a personal message to suffering bastard  Email suffering bastard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 11:06 pm   Permalink

Mr. Bali Hai... I thought it was a pencil holder.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 03:35 am   Permalink

Mr. Bali Hai...natch

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation