[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music tropical pop question
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
tropical pop question
coconutz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-08 7:50 pm   Permalink

Does anyone recall or have tasted a pop put out by Canada Dry called "Tahitian Treat"? Very rare does Canada come up with anything remotely "tiki" or "tropical" unlike you Californians where Tiki is practically a lifestyle in some places.

View Profile of coconutz Send a personal message to coconutz  Email coconutz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 9:12 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah!
I used to get Tahitian Treat from the drink machine in my high school!

Tasted icky with most foods, though, as I recall.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 9:23 pm   Permalink

Tahitian Treat is still made but it is not readily available, at least where I live. I found it in a crusty old convenience store in Delaware recently...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-08 9:52 pm   Permalink

"I used to get Tahitian Treat from the drink machine in my high school! "

That's too funny... used to be our favorite drink in high school... class of 88... there was a drink machine in the locker room and nothing tasted better after cross country practice as that... it was hard for them to keep that drink stocked!

I can still get it readily here and drink it often...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2003-08-08 21:53 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 12:38 am   Permalink

I thought it was called Tahiti Treat. I remember it being very red, sickly sweet and tasting mostly like maraschino cherry juice -- all of which are good things when you're a preteen.

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drunkentiki

Posted: 2003-08-09 12:53 am   Permalink

I work for Coca-Cola here in North East Illinois and we distribute Tahitian Treat. It's not a real big seller, but it is still availible in cans, 2 liters and 20oz bottles.

View Profile of drunkentiki Send a personal message to drunkentiki  Goto the website of drunkentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 02:57 am   Permalink

I think the only place in America where you can get Tahitian Treat consistently is from the vending machines of 60s/70s era motels in Anaheim. That, and Cactus Cooler.

By the way coconutz, 2 extra points to you for using the term "pop". That's zazz.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 5:36 pm   Permalink

I think the Canada Dry one, at least as bottled in Canada was called "Tahiti Treat". That was my fave as a kid too, used to visit my grandparents' corner store and beg free bottles - yum!!!

emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-09 02:57, hanford_lemoore wrote:

By the way coconutz, 2 extra points to you for using the term "pop". That's zazz.

~Hanford

How many points for "Tonic"? When we went to visit my Great Grandfather. he would always say "Matchews(Matthew), wanna Tonic?" either that or "Soft Drink"
Everytime we visit my wife's family in Toronto, or they come here, we get into a Pop-vs-Soda debate.
And Damn it all, no Tahitian Treat, or Shasta for that matter, anywhere in New England.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 8:01 pm   Permalink

There is actually a cocktail out there made with T.T. (Definitely NOT tiki) Anyone out there brave enough to try it will have to give us a review:

Doh

Type:
Cocktail
Ingredients:
2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Malibu Rum
Tahitian Treat Soda

Instructions:
Just throw them all together, add some ice, and drink. If you can't get Tahiti Treat use pineapple juice

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 02:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-09 18:08, badmojo wrote:
How many points for "Tonic"?

minus 500

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconutz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-10 04:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

I think the only place in America where you can get Tahitian Treat consistently is from the vending machines of 60s/70s era motels in Anaheim. That, and Cactus Cooler.

~Hanford

Hmmmm how bizarre! Pop, soda, soft drink, which to use! I recently discovered the word "ersatz" for describing extremely fake or phony flavors. Only 2 chintzy points?! TWO?! Are they negotiable?!

View Profile of coconutz Send a personal message to coconutz  Email coconutz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconutz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-10 04:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-09 00:53, drunkentiki wrote:
I work for Coca-Cola here in North East Illinois and we distribute Tahitian Treat. It's not a real big seller, but it is still availible in cans, 2 liters and 20oz bottles.

Can you tell me why it is impossible to get in Canada or is it just not available in Calgary? Any chance you could find out for me? It may start a whole new tropical storming of people into the supermarket to get some. It IS the most tikiest POP around!

drunkentiki

Posted: 2003-08-10 07:24 am   Permalink

Tahitian Treat and Canada Dry are a product of the Dr. Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company. So in my area, we only distribute it. Different companies will deliver it in other areas, all depending on who has the contract. Your best bet would be to ask the managers at the stores in your area who they get their Canada Dry and 7-UP products from and see if they can get Tahitian Treat from that vendor. Good luck.

View Profile of drunkentiki Send a personal message to drunkentiki  Goto the website of drunkentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

I think the only place in America where you can get Tahitian Treat consistently is from the vending machines of 60s/70s era motels in Anaheim.

And in Stratford, New Jersery, at Incollingo's Stratford Market. Usually they have Tahitian Treat, Shasta Tiki Punch, and Hawaiian Punch in the pop aisle.

I haven't tried Tahitian Treat yet. . . .

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation