FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Finally got a turtle for my tiki bar!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Finally got a turtle for my tiki bar!
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 1:38 pm   Permalink

Eat your heart out TwoWheelin,

OK so it's not a real turtle but it is real Witco and is a killer foot rest! Not a bad find (ebay) for 10.50!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 1:51 pm   Permalink

Seriously, the queen of Witco. I'm still working on finding my first piece. Maybe you could hook me up on your next find considering that you're probably working on doubles by now.

Sweet turtle, and no one was harmed for your foot resting enjoyment.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 8:17 pm   Permalink

Her's a witco jackpot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2549563250&category=1221

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 11:31 pm   Permalink

dam u Laney!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 12:16 am   Permalink

BEE-YATCH!!!.very cool,I would have got it just to irk the masses!.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-30 08:06 am   Permalink

Target has polyresin tortoise shell wall hangings. I'm sure some of the very talented artists on here could make it look more natural. They're about $40 in the stores and they aren't sold online.
www.target.com/p/nate-berkus-green-tortoise-shell/-/A-14138228#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=nate+berkus+tortise

Dimensions: 4.1 " H x 15.0 " W x 19.0 " D

In person this looks more yellow/brown.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-30 08:13 am   Permalink

They've been sold out in stores here for AWHILE. I wanted to do my swap piece on one, but opted against it. I was hoping to catch them before they sold out, to no avail. They're really quite nice in person.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-30 08:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-30 08:13, Hale Tiki wrote:
They've been sold out in stores here for AWHILE. I wanted to do my swap piece on one, but opted against it. I was hoping to catch them before they sold out, to no avail. They're really quite nice in person.

They still had the yellow and white ones at the Westminster(CA)Mall Target. The green is my favorite.
There is one in each color up for auction on eBay.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-04-30 08:27 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-30 08:29 am   Permalink

Screw it, just found one for $30 shipped. It's yellow, but I'll work with it. =)

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-30 10:10 am   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0XXmVts1y0

________________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸TIKISKIP,Lights,ECT¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-30 10:50 am   Permalink

HAH!

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-25 1:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-30 08:06, tikilongbeach wrote:
Target has polyresin tortoise shell wall hangings. I'm sure some of the very talented artists on here could make it look more natural. They're about $40 in the stores and they aren't sold online.
http://www.target.com/p/nate-berkus-green-tortoise-shell/-/A-14138228#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=nate+berkus+tortise

Dimensions: 4.1 " H x 15.0 " W x 19.0 " D

In person this looks more yellow/brown.

I sort of took this as a personal challenge. I had always wanted a tortoise shell for the Kanaloa lounge, but the chances of me finding a (legal) vintage one are very slim here in Calgary, Alberta. So here's what I came up with (using the Target Nate Berkus turtle shell, some spray paint and enamel model paints):

I got the Yellow Ochre one for half price! Here I am taping off the shell.

Taping off is done and I've applied some spray paint, and now I'm starting to peel off the tape:

All the tape is peeled off here:

Here is the shell after I've gone back into it with a small brush and model paints:

There is another step that I don't have a photo of here...it was where I coated the finished product in a matte coating (to reduce the glossiness). I'll get a photo of the finished product if anyone is interested.

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2013-09-25 13:54 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-25 3:22 pm   Permalink

NICE!!! Does target still carry those or did you pick it up somewhere else like eBAY? Looking forward to the finished pic

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

Please do.

I bought the same one for the same purpose, and was considering using wax to build up layers to make it look like a real shell. It was going to be a long arduous process. I'd be curious to see your finished product.

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-26 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-25 15:22, MadDogMike wrote:
NICE!!! Does target still carry those or did you pick it up somewhere else like eBAY? Looking forward to the finished pic

I found mine at Target. My wife loves to shop there, so I sort of waited until they went down in price (as it seemed few were interested in this product). When it hit half price on clearance for $20, I pounced. What can I say? I'm cheap.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation