[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tropical Ceiling Fan
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tropical Ceiling Fan
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:15 pm   Permalink

I thought it my duty to let you all know about this fan that we recently installed in our house. I do this because I was very pleased with it. I normally will not buy something like this without actually seeing but, this time I did. It was about $300

http://www.ceilingfan.com/images/Craftmade/640/K52RI_B5_56T-LO1.jpg

Now let's talk drinks!

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

Those blades look very nice.
I think these might be over the top.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2339160223&category=20699

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:42 pm   Permalink

Those tribal fan blades are wicked!!!!

By the way, there is no such thing in tiki as "over the top"

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:43 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-11 12:04 am   Permalink

A leeetle over the top maybe, but they're bitchin' nonetheless.
I like the ones Home Depot (and maybe Lowe's?) has with the round thatch woven blades. I didn't describe them very well, but there's one at the bottom of page 32 of "Tiki Road Trip" that are very similar. They were $179 last time I checked.

~Tex

View Profile of TikiTex Send a personal message to TikiTex      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 04:52 am   Permalink

Kreaky- you got ripped off! They sell those at Home Depot for 199.00.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-08-11 11:02 am   Permalink

I saw on an episode of "Surprise by Design" (one of my favorite shows) that they took basic ceiling fan blades and just painted each one to look like a green palm frond. The effect was pretty cool, and it saves money....

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 3:18 pm   Permalink

Yo Kreaky & RevBoo,

I just installed one of those ceiling fans in my family room over da weekend. Got an even better deal at Home Depot during their 30% off sale for $132. Woo hoo!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 10:01 pm   Permalink

Rev and Sten, I had to check Home Depot again, just to see if I had missed buying the fan there. What I found at Home Depot was similar, but different. The Antigua Hampton Bay fan has the same leases as blades, but the hardware was totally different, did not look as beefy. It also was "Flemish Brass" versus a deep rust color. In other words, I still feel OK about spending the dough. Who would have ever thought that there could be so much discussion about fans, apparently among men?

Now, back to my drink!

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 10:02 pm   Permalink

By the way, I like the idea about decorating a fan and making it tiki!

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 11:20 pm   Permalink

All this talk about fans got me remembering that there is a fan manufacturer by the name of ALOHA fan co. The other big ones are SHI CHEN(?) and KING OF FANS. These guys make fans for everybody, name brand and others. The big guys have the fans built to their specs, so no, not all fans are created equal. More useless info for y'all.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-11 22:01, Kreaky Tiki wrote:
Who would have ever thought that there could be so much discussion about fans, apparently among men?

Now, back to my drink!

Cheers,

KT

No kidding, man!

It took me months to convince T that we needed a ceiling fan in the Stentiki Room! No air conditioning usually needed at the beach, but it still gets hot in the dawg days of August.

Cheers!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 12:04 pm   Permalink

cool...

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-08-13 12:06 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 1:18 pm   Permalink

I really don't have the room for a tiki / tropical style ceiling fan at the moment, but I saw a really neat "sideways" fan a while back that had a very Polyneisan or tropical look.

Two sets of large blades (appeared to be made of some kind of white cotton material) fanned outwards, as opposed to straight down.
Hard to describe...very, very cool.

But both fans pictured here were very neat indeed.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 1:26 pm   Permalink

They use those fans in the Mai-Tai Bar in Daytona Beach. Very Nice. I tikied-up an existing ceiling fan in my house by installing a small globe light kit and putting a split rattan lamp shade over it. I found the lamp shade at a thrift store.Dangling from the two chain pulls are a pair of small coco joe-type tikis. I got those from some key chains I bought at a surf shop. To keep the globe dim, I used a regular size night light bulb that is only 7 watts. Looks pretty good and I only spent about $20 on it.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation