[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tropical Ceiling Fan
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tropical Ceiling Fan
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:50 am   Permalink

Of course, if you're really hard core, you could put something like this together:

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rbeyer68
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 29 days ago; 1:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the responses / information.

I am really enamored with the sleek, distressed koa finished fan. The features are also hard to beat at just under $200 (dimmable light, remote control and wobble free - if there is such a thing).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Tidal-Breeze-56-in-Indoor-LED-Indoor-Distressed-Koa-Ceiling-Fan-with-Light-Kit-and-Remote-Control-54662/300654429

AceExplorer - The leaf designs are also very cool and fit the look I am going for. I will do some additional searches.

El Jefe - Thanks for the link

Prikli Pear - I love the design around the light. Nice work indeed. $329 for the earlier linked fan is out of my price range as well.

Rick

View Profile of rbeyer68 Send a personal message to rbeyer68  Goto the website of rbeyer68     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 25 days ago; 9:14 pm   Permalink

Am I cheating? $30 fan from the resale shop, $15 blades from the internets. $15 worth of primer and black crackle spray paint. $60 tropical ceiling fan. Some wobble.

In motion -
https://youtu.be/J5toB1AwKe4 (sorry for the weird background noises)

B

[ This Message was edited by: HodagHut 2017-10-29 21:29 ]

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rbeyer68
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 24 days ago; 07:00 am   Permalink

Very nice.

View Profile of rbeyer68 Send a personal message to rbeyer68  Goto the website of rbeyer68     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 08:12 am   Permalink

It's not cheating, it's scoring! Nice get, that one. If the wobble gets too much, there are fan balancing kits available. My office fan came with one, but I haven't had to use it. The instructions for my patio fans suggest swapping blades from one side to the other to balance out wobbles. Not sure how effective that'd be, but there it is.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 24 days ago; 8:43 pm   Permalink

Prikli, Beyer -

Thanks much. When we started this project we wanted not only to save money, but to also look like we were intentionally repurposing items for the project. 1950s beach shack was the goal, and I don't think many of them had $400 fans in them. We'll admit that this was an absolute steal, but it goes with the overall theme of the Hut.

Will post more as topics allow -

B

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation