[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Sanctuary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Sanctuary
eroc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-31 09:52 am   Permalink

Now I see why people wait until they are almost done before they post their creations.....these onesie, twosies are annoying. Sorry about them.

After going through the new designs, I realized this is more than a bar. It is going to be a huge outdoor space, a Sanctuary. So I changed the name. Think it's appropriate. Not as Tiki as some names, but I like it. For now at least, lol.

Also, those two support beams I posted earlier? Forget about them. Trash. Probably turn them into bird feeders.

After looking at Muskrat's backyard porch, I was inspired to go heavy with the blowtorch. And wow, I am so happy I did. Huge difference. Plus, I think I'm getting better with the router.

View Profile of eroc Send a personal message to eroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
eroc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

Site prep is done.

You know, for as much back breaking work that was done, it looks like I just put a few orange pegs in the ground.....

This is the full 8x16 dimensions. The pad was out of level by 6 inches on the right side (Due to modified type B lot drainage). So me and my trusty shovel fixed all that. Also made a stem-wall-ish barrier to retain the pad. We'll see if it stands up to this afternoon's thunderstorm.

View Profile of eroc Send a personal message to eroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
eroc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-11 1:20 pm   Permalink

Progress!!!

Walls and stuff

So everything was great, except the pre-fab'd the front wall wrong. The opening was supposed to be off-center to the right. Not much I could do except complain when they're open on Monday. Won't change what it is, however. Overall, I am happy with it. It is very solid.

So....

In my checklist of things to do....
1. Level the grade between the shed and deck
2. Install custom travertine pavers
3. Install concrete pillars
4. Finish posts
5. Install posts, joists, and rafters.
6. Extend roof from deck to shed.
7. 'screen-in' the extension, using privacy walls.
8. Build out bar area in opening
9. And THEN start on tiki stuff

This is going to be a long journey.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation