[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki office
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki office
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-12-14 8:41 pm   Permalink

We don't have a good place to put a tiki bar in our house so the wife is letting me tikify the home office. There's still a desk and a computer and printer in here but I'm trying to make it as much of an escape as possible for the evenings and I gotta say it's great to sit back and sip a Mai Tai or Daiquiri while listening to soothing sounds in here. It's still a work in progress but here's what its looking like today starting with the view from my desk...

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-15 01:56 am   Permalink

Looks GOOD Mike!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-12-15 07:20 am   Permalink

Nice! Love the vibe!

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki

Posted: 2015-12-15 07:40 am   Permalink

That looks like a great start!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-15 1:05 pm   Permalink

looks very cool.

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheParkCollector
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-12-22 5:31 pm   Permalink

Where did you find the shelves?

View Profile of TheParkCollector Send a personal message to TheParkCollector  Email TheParkCollector Goto the website of TheParkCollector     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker

Posted: 2015-12-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. Sorry the pics kinda suck.

Quote:

On 2015-12-22 17:31, TheParkCollector wrote:
Where did you find the shelves?

Which shelves? The wall mounted one with thatch top? Found it in Springfield, MO last year. Don't know its origin but it's built very well.

The small one on the floor I found at an antique mall outside of Waco recently for 20 bucks.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2015-12-24 10:18 pm   Permalink

You are doing a great job...it looks wonderful. The atmosphere should help you get "work" done in your office.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MissClaireTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-02-02 8:59 pm   Permalink

The swizzle sticks you framed looks awesome!!

View Profile of MissClaireTiki Send a personal message to MissClaireTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker

Posted: 2016-02-02 9:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks. I got the idea from someone here. I really need to take some daytime pics cuz these look awful.

Tiki Toli

Posted: 2016-02-03 08:12 am   Permalink

That will help you get through the work day

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-03 4:59 pm   Permalink

Great office! If you gotta' work, might as well work on the beach... more or less!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-02-04 12:59 am   Permalink

I dig the lights, are they fiberglass covered in the chunk-style stuff?

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker

Posted: 2016-03-16 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-02-04 00:59, Fez Moai wrote:
I dig the lights, are they fiberglass covered in the chunk-style stuff?

Sorry, missed your question. I believe they are made of resin.

----

My wife found me awesome bamboo and hibiscus barkcloth curtains for the office which we put up on a bamboo rod and since I finally have a day off with nothing to do figured I'd take some day time pics since the original photos looked so crappy.

Still a work in progress but coming along. Mainly just need to get rid of this pesky desk and put a bar in...

[ This Message was edited by: mikehooker 2016-03-16 12:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mikehooker 2016-03-16 12:31 ]

bobtiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2016-03-16 12:36 pm   Permalink

I really like the swizzle stick display case (and the whale art over the aquarium). Nice job!
Kilauea Cove

View Profile of bobtiki Send a personal message to bobtiki  Email bobtiki Goto the website of bobtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation