FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Pacific Seas inside Clifton's Brookdale, Los Angeles, CA (bar)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Pacific Seas inside Clifton's Brookdale, Los Angeles, CA (bar)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-15 5:12 pm   Permalink

Name:Pacific Seas inside Clifton's Brookdale
Type:bar
Street:648 South Broadway
City:Los Angeles
State:CA
Zip:90014
Phone:
Description:
Early Tiki re-created.

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2016-11-12 18:01 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-05 09:45 am   Permalink

Is there any update on the status of the Pacific Seas?

Thanks!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-05 11:12 am   Permalink

Saw a few sneak peek photos on Facebook.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-05 11:51 am   Permalink

Yes, I saw those pics also. Just wondering if there's any time frame for an opening.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-04-05 3:13 pm   Permalink

I was actually in these rooms for easter dinner reservations....the room with the map wall is the lounge for the bathrooms outside of the bar.....they told us it was looking like the end of May.

Keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't push back again like the April 1st date I was given was.

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-04-06 07:07 am   Permalink

Bamboo Ben has been posting pics on facebook. He's been toasting bamboo and hauling it up from the alley. So work is definitely being done. And Ben's pretty darned fast, so I would think May is not an unreasonable expectation.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-06 07:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-06 07:07, JenTiki wrote:
Bamboo Ben has been posting pics on facebook. He's been toasting bamboo and hauling it up from the alley. So work is definitely being done. And Ben's pretty darned fast, so I would think May is not an unreasonable expectation.

Yes. Teaser pics on Facebook Ben Bassham/Bamboo Ben and Instagram-Bamboo Ben.
I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't say much other than sOOn!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-11 10:41 am   Permalink

Ben, More pictures, please!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-17 9:10 pm   Permalink

We're getting closer......

I'm mounting these "Original Pacific Seas Plaques" tomorrow!!!

Come by and check them out at the end of June and beyond!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2016-05-18 10:32 am   Permalink

Very nice, Ben! The amazing thing is that heavy plaques like that can last well beyond our lifetimes. It will be very cool in 2070 when future cocktailians in hover shoes slide up to read your plaques.

Make sure you use good security screws to thwart souvenir collectors!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-19 08:56 am   Permalink

The Below Decks front door shows how much I'm eager to see Bamboo Ben's work at the opening of Clifton's Pacific Seas!

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-20 9:01 pm   Permalink

Some new press that just popped up today from Below The Decks!

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-restaurant-news-20160913-snap-story.html

Bamboo Ben

The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-04 12:03 pm   Permalink

Wow!! Bamboo Ben has created a masterpiece!

http://la.eater.com/2016/10/4/13162930/the-pacific-seas-cliftons-cafeteria-tiki-bar-photos-inside#comments?utm_campaign=la.eater.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=eaterla&utm_source=facebook

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-04 12:37 pm   Permalink

TBD, thanks for the link. The place looks amazing from the photos in the story. DAMN AMAZING work, Ben.
Cheers to you and all who helped make this a reality and what appears to be an incredibly well-decorated spot to hang out and enjoy tropical libations.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 3:33 pm   Permalink

http://www.thecoconutclubla.com/halloween2016/

Tickets for Monday, October 31, 2016

The Coconut Club proudly presents our fancifully fiendish Haunted Halloween menu! Join us, if you dare, on Monday, October 31st at Clifton’s Pacific Seas. There are two spooooky seatings for your choosing pleasure:

Our “5 o’clock Some-Scare” seating has an arrival window of 5 PM-5:30 PM. Halloween costumes strongly encouraged! Tickets to the 5 PM seating are $100 each

Our “Glamorously Ghoulish” seating has an arrival window of 8:30-9 PM. Halloween costumes strongly encouraged! Tickets to the 8:30 PM seating are $120 each.

All seats include welcome punch, three cocktail courses with food garnishes, three food courses and more! Prices includes all fees, tax and service charges.

Tickets are strictly non-refundable. Tickets are transferable to another person if at least 24 hours notice via email is provided.

Allergy modification or other special requests, including virgin drinks and vegetarian, can be accommodated, but only with advanced notification. Please indicate when buying, or via email at least 48 hours prior to the event.

All in attendance must be at least 21 years of age.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation