FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Sex Pistols ................
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Sex Pistols ................
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 10:38 pm   Permalink

..............Look for Mr. & Mrs. Bamboo this Friday Night (8/15/03)on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Our friends, The Sex Pistols, will be playing. Hmmmm, florescent orange Hawaiian shirt time!!! We're so pretty, all so pretty......

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 09:58 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 11:21 am   Permalink

Is Johnny w/ 'em?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 10:28 pm   Permalink

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000002KIE001005/0/102-4534107-9020168

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 11:24 pm   Permalink

...vacant!

And we don't care!!!

Hey Rev,

Who's filling in for Sid?

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 05:46 am   Permalink

Glenn Matlock, of course. Sid was just a puppet they used on stage to stir things up a little. I'm changing my wardrobe to the Bamboo Suit. Keep an eye out for this Fridays show. They are also playing the Greek (in L.A.) and the San Diego Street Scene this year.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 05:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-12 11:21, seamus wrote:
Is Johnny w/ 'em?

p.s. Johnny is the "Co-Host"

Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-13 11:58 am   Permalink

Ahh, those four unlovable spiky-tops and their filthy lucre.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 09:58 am   Permalink

They wouldn't have hired Sid if Glenn hadn't left in the first place...

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 11:20 am   Permalink

Rotten quote on every interview,"This F%#*n interview is bloody ova!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-14 09:58, floratina wrote:
They wouldn't have hired Sid if Glenn hadn't left in the first place...

Doesn't the mythology say that Glenn was fired for liking the Beatles?

Las Pistolas are coming here too, of course, I am trying to decide if I should go; I saw X and the Damned this summer, might a well make it a trilogy, while they're all alive. Look at poor Joey and Joe, back to back... a Sex Pistol is almost certian to be next...

BTW, the drummer for the Damned is a tikiphile - he and his girlfriend (ghoul-fiend?) wrote to me telling me how much they like TRT. That was COOL!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-08-14 2:10 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-08-14 13:49, tikibars wrote:
Quote:

BTW, the drummer for the Damned is a tikiphile - he and his girlfriend (ghoul-fiend?) wrote to me telling me how much they like TRT. That was COOL!

You mean Rat Scabies? Or a new drummer?

Glen Matlock could write great songs and play. Sid could look good and do lots of drugs. It was the end when Glen quit. Johnny said he fired him for playing a Beatles record but I think Glen actually quit.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I assume that's the new drummer, not Rat. The new guy's from San Diego (North Park, I think).

I just looked up the band's web site, & their new album's called Tiki Nightmare! I know that the Captain covered "Happy Talk" on his solo record Women & Captain First, maybe they'll work in some more tunes from South Pacific?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 3:25 pm   Permalink

I'm sure some of you aren't fans, but I just heard today that X is arranging a new revival tour. John Doe is playing a little hippie joint here in Big Sur tomorrow. Man, those concerts in LA, in the late 70's, just can't be repeated. Those were some fun times!

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-08-14 3:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-14 15:25, Unga Bunga wrote:
I'm sure some of you aren't fans, but I just heard today that X is arranging a new revival tour. John Doe is playing a little hippie joint here in Big Sur tomorrow. Man, those concerts in LA, in the late 70's, just can't be repeated. Those were some fun times!

I've been a big fan since 1980 and they still sound great even if they're old farts like me.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation