FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiny Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiny Tiki
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-19 09:11 am   Permalink

Cozy and dark, nice job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-04-19 7:45 pm   Permalink

Just some name suggestions.

Deep Fathom Bar
Pier 34 (choose your favorite number) Lounge
The Decompression Club
Up Periscope

Have fun with your tiny bar.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-04-23 1:58 pm   Permalink

I was just at the Shameful Tiki and they had little TVs on the shelves next to their mugs and things. It was actually pretty cool. They did seem a little out of place when you could see the full iPad or whatever it was but I think I might build a TV case to match the tiki look and just play Blue Hawaii type films on it for background (no sound).

View Profile of VanIsleVibes Send a personal message to VanIsleVibes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-24 11:16 am   Permalink

My apartment tiki bar is called the Li'i Lounge which means 'little' in Hawaiian. What started as a corner of my 1 bedroom apartment now encompasses everything except the bathroom.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-04-27 08:35 am   Permalink

Ok so it's like 85% complete. All the wiring needs to be done. The bar area below needs to be painted and stained. The roof as well but Im unsure what to do there. I'd like to make it a ceiling of twinkling stars (if anybody knows of a small optic fibre kit let me know).
A few things need to be hung up as well but not sure what. Some small things under the painting, maybe some on the other wall as well.... not sure what.

And with the lights on -

(Id like to get some sort of one button push that activates lights and sound when somebody orders a drink, type of thing)

View Profile of VanIsleVibes Send a personal message to VanIsleVibes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-27 08:37 am   Permalink

Looking great!

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-04-27 08:40 am   Permalink

Oh and this is the side view. Still trying to figure out how to hide the wires...

rumackay
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-04-28 4:48 pm   Permalink

What an incredible space. Love the lighting

View Profile of rumackay Send a personal message to rumackay      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-10 12:14 pm   Permalink

Hey - cool space you've built out, and thanks for visiting my place in Vancouver, The Shameful Tiki Room. I noticed earlier in your thread you'd asked about mugs and bar tools. I have another business in Vancouver called The Modern Bartender. We sell tiki mugs, all manner of tools, books like the new smugglers cove and needed ingredients like Falernum, Orgeat etc. Store number is 604-684-1747 if you want more info, we ship!
Thanks - Rod

View Profile of shamefultiki Send a personal message to shamefultiki  Email shamefultiki Goto the website of shamefultiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-10 1:43 pm   Permalink

Great idea overlapping the distressed wood over the matting....nice work.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-12 11:08 am   Permalink

Almost done with this thing! Just installed some Phillips Hue Lighting which was IMO designed just for tiki bars lol Its perfect. I also made and installed a TV for Elvis movies!

[ This Message was edited by: VanIsleVibes 2018-02-12 11:18 ]

VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-12 11:11 am   Permalink

I also made my lamp appear to be coming from out of broken planks like a ship. I originally wanted a Disney type squid arm coming out and make the light dome an eye peering through.

VanIsleVibes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-12 11:12 am   Permalink

And we put some barnacles on the walls and shelves to look like a sunken ship

EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-12 7:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the updates! That nook is looking fantastic! The TV is a great idea and the barnacles are super cute... Can barnacles be cute?

So how does someone who is going to the island this summer mooch an invite?

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiJo

Posted: 2018-02-25 6:25 pm   Permalink

Wow, what an amazing tiki bar! You can definitely do this professionally. Where did you find all the beautiful artwork? I've been looking for similar type art and haven't found anything.

View Profile of MauiJo Send a personal message to MauiJo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation