FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maori Art Swap - Oti! (finished)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Maori Art Swap - Oti! (finished)
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-11 07:52 am   Permalink

Nice, 1st one landed
Looks right at home...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-12 5:31 pm   Permalink

Ours has arrived. We love it, thank you Erich. Wendy

Temporary home.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2016-08-12 20:56 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-12 10:49 pm   Permalink

Awesome..........

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-16 3:18 pm   Permalink

My cool art from Anthony is here!!! Thanks for the great painting!!

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-17 1:16 pm   Permalink

Love watching Art Swap pieces finding their new forever homes...

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-22 10:12 am   Permalink

Met up with the Mad Dog at Oasis for da swap

Look what the pieces came in

Da bonus coaster set

And the Mug

Thanks Mike
Great to see you
It's awesome

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-22 3:21 pm   Permalink

So good to see you and Janelle, along with Wendy and Dan. I missed Cy and TikiAno though

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

Mike, I'm not sure how you came and went and we never saw each other! Jeez Louise. Bummed but hope you come back West for a visit.

I was able to see Wendy & Dan, cy, and Jon a bit- well, not enough time with any of them, of course. cy and I swapped pieces on Saturday at his booth at Tiki Oasis. Man, if you haven't had the opportunity to see his work in person, it's truly breathtaking. I love stalking his carving thread but really dig seeing all of the creativity and amazing carving skills in person.

I have yet to finalize the best location for his Art Swap piece in the home bar (Oasis schwag not yet unpacked), so I'll post the photos that Jon graciously took. I'll post a photo of the groovy Frog Island Tikis t-shirt, too!

This greeted a number of visitors to cy's booth:

Here are cy and I posing post-Swap (I'm wearing one of Wendy's Hula Tramp Stamp necklaces):

Jon, thanks for snapping the photos. Mike, thanks for another great Swap, even though you avoided us Swappers at Oasis... (just kidding)!!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-24 06:40 am   Permalink

What a great Tiki Oasis. Being surrounded by friends is just the best ever. This swap was fun too. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

You guys rock!!! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-24 08:52 am   Permalink

TikiAno, I just stopped by for about an hour and a half so it was easy for us not to connect

Hey I have an idea! Each year Tiki Oasis has a theme (this year was Monster Island) maybe we can make next summer's Art Swap the same as the TO theme? I will admit some of the TO themes have been kinda lame and not very "tiki" but at least we can consider it.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-24 09:41 am   Permalink

Mike, if it's Disney themed that I may not participate... Ha ha ha.

Well, sorry I missed you, Mike, anyways...

I hear they're recycling the Spy theme from 2 or 3 years ago? Or maybe that's a rumor... ??

I'd vote to keep the Swap different from Oasis- though it's a bit more work, it will keep the Swaps more "original" and creative focused. Okay, this is pretty much the same argument I used re: Disney. Good to be consistent, though, right???

Besides, I like hearing what everyone comes up with (and by "everyone," I mean "Mike")

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2016-08-24 09:44 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-24 09:50 am   Permalink

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-24 12:27 pm   Permalink

so did everybody send and receive? No slackers?

Yeah MDM, start getting on the next theme... I have a killer idea for the matchbook theme...but don't let me sway your thinking...but matchbooks would be cool...lol

Erich

Did I mention Matchbook theme would be cool?

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-24 2:13 pm   Permalink

I sent out a couple of PMs today to make sure everyone got their goodies but I think we are good.

Hey, I've got an idea for a Swap theme - how about matchbooks? Erich, make sure you bring it up when we start talking about the next Swap

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-24 5:24 pm   Permalink

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, you guys are so cute. Wendy

PS how about a match book theme

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation