FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lavish Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Lavish Lounge
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-05-29 01:09 am   Permalink

The two part varnish worked a treat .
As yesterday was my last day at home for a couple of weeks we put a spurt on and had our first night in our Tiki bar, it started at 8 and to be honest I remember looking at my watch around 1 am and thats all i remember, much tweaking to be done and the lighting needs sorting on my return.

View Profile of lavish88 Send a personal message to lavish88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-29 06:16 am   Permalink

The whole area looks so relaxing. You did nice work.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-05-29 11:27 am   Permalink

Superb! It looks right at home surrounded by all the greenery.

Is the gravity-fed sink similar to what you might find on a camper? Sounds like an easy way to set up a wet bar without having to run plumbing.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-05-29 5:22 pm   Permalink

Thank you MaukaHale and Bam Bam , it is a very relaxing garden despite the proximity to our neighbours, they are all very quiet which is a real bonus, they probably don't say the same about us however.
The gravity fed sink is just a 4 gallon cold water tank mounted to the back of the bar some plastic piping down the back and a flexible hose to a basic tap ,we use the garden hose to fill it , the pressure is very low but its better than having to run 100 ft of plumbing down the garden.

View Profile of lavish88 Send a personal message to lavish88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-05-30 11:29 am   Permalink

Super great job, the lighting always makes a huge difference, doesn't it? I hope the weather does not take a toll, over time.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-05-30 8:39 pm   Permalink

I agree...great job. The counter top is beautiful and your back bar is very nice.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-05 10:31 pm   Permalink

What a backyard retreat! No way you look at the photos and see destination UK. The bar turned out fantastic. Especially the look of the shelving with the matting. I'll remember the tip about the duct tape. I love the red lighting on the front of the seating area. How did you get that white/red wash effect? We've been landscaping our backyard and your design is amazing. It really focuses your eye on the bar as the centerpiece while adding a lush green feel. How cold do,you get during the winter? Enjoy your hard work and thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-06 09:13 am   Permalink

Thank you all for the kind words ,I'm afraid that the white/red gradation was nothing more sophisticated than a bad iphone photo , it is actually all red, I'm back in a fews days so will carry on the work and take better photos.Our idea was based on the quintessential english garden but with a Tiki twist at the end, all going to plan so far.

Regards,
Mark.

lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-21 01:52 am   Permalink

Lots of fiddling about to fit the underlit shelves but worth it , many RGB colours available on the remote control but red is our favourite , blue was too bright , good from a distance but too harsh close up.
I think I need a source of low level front light to reduce the drama a bit.
Regards,
Mark.

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2016-06-21 01:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2016-06-21 05:09 ]

lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-16 10:41 am   Permalink

I've not had time to post any updates recently as we have been working on the landscaping and interior house but a lot of progress has been made and the Tiki theme has spilled over into the garden .
I added a mini bridge and also a circular section of (plastic) grass to the entrance and then kept the circular theme going back with round grass clad stepping stones through the herbaceous borders back to the deck .
I think the transition from the Mediterranean themed deck area though English cottage garden to Tiki bar works well if not a bit mad but thats the fun of it , we've never had a decent sized garden before , or a Tiki bar so intend to make the most of them now most of the work is done and maybe summer will arrive sometime soon.
We are having some neighbours round tonight for cocktails and fun and so they can see what the cause of all the cutting, banging and cursing was !Lets see how it goes.....

Regards.

Mark.

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2016-07-16 10:43 ]

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-16 3:31 pm   Permalink

Very well done?

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-17 05:00 am   Permalink

Looks awesome!

Its nice to see other outdoor bar projects.

[ This Message was edited by: jimsflies 2016-07-17 05:01 ]

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-07-17 09:40 am   Permalink

Looks really nice. You need some tikis.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-07-17 3:59 pm   Permalink

I think I see some tiki masks hanging on the fence. Am I right? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-18 04:00 am   Permalink

Thanks all ,sadly GROG I am missing Tikis but they are only available from a few places here in the UK and tend to be bespoke and therefore pricey ,I did get a few masks from Ebay , the large one on the bar pillar was a result as it fitted perfectly but the others are just generic fair trade stuff I got from the bay and better in the background than front of house I feel.
Im up in London for a couple of weeks and will hit our main supplier all things Tiki, cheekytiki.com and see what they have , but their stock changes and not everything is online so a visit is needed.
i have a few more ideas but will have to wait until Sept as now its the fishing season and will have to concentrate on that for a while, also the need for a sign will have to addressed too.

Regards,

Mark.

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2016-07-18 04:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2016-07-18 04:01 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation