[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lavish Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Lavish Lounge
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-18 09:31 am   Permalink

Love your place, keep us posted.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-02 02:46 am   Permalink

Thanks Hiltiki ,the trip to London was worth it as I bagged a couple of Mini Tikis for behind the bar and one to sit in the RHS in the Bamboo and Mint.I also bought some Cogan grass thatch for the roof to soften the ugly edges on the Nippa thatch which we dont really like , when it stops raining we'll put some up and decide whether or not to get rid of the Nippa. Also lobster pots which I will use as overhead lights , pics to follow.
Regards,

Mark.

View Profile of lavish88 Send a personal message to lavish88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-18 11:54 am   Permalink

Its been a while but a few additions have been made - the Cogan grass on the front to soften the edges which I couldn't manage with the Nippa thatch .

I found a couple of Lobster pots and bought some LED bulbs which you hang from a string and pull to operate and painted them green with glass paint , not a massive amount of light but a nice glow

And finally got a copy of Smugglers Cove which we are drinking our way through in no particular order , last night it was Saturns,Tiki bowls and then Mai Tais before we got our swerve on and it was time go.

Its been a wonderful summer with friends visiting and some lovely long evenings,the rewards of having your own bar are too numerous to mention but anyone thinking about it , just go ahead and do it , you won't regret it , I haven't.
Cheers,

Mark.

View Profile of lavish88 Send a personal message to lavish88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IDoVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-23 11:25 pm   Permalink

Awesome!

View Profile of IDoVoodoo Send a personal message to IDoVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lavish88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-03 02:25 am   Permalink

Greetings again from the UK , summers here and its time for refinement.The bar wintered well apart from the cogan grass that I applied last summer so it had to go and we will have to live with the Nippa thatch for now.

We finally arrived at a name after much deliberation a friend carved me these Hibiscus flowers which I painted

I then stuck them on to the sign and TIKI WONDERLAND was born

The chair is a temporary home and this weekend it will get fixed to the cherry tree in the foreground .

We acquired a lobster pot for the bottom of the ever increasing Bamboo

And I left my OCD at the door and built a higgledy piggledy wall

We have also planted some giant grasses in front of the wall which will be about 6 feet tall hopefully next year.

the whole garden has matured this year and will only look better and better and we are happy to sit there every night and gawp at what we have done.

Also some red cherry lights around the tree and in the bushes to the right of the bar,plus some bamboo candle holders that sit in the gravel with tea lights in to guide guests back to the rest rooms.

Anyone finds themselves in the west of England pop in for a sundowner.

Regards - Mark.

[ This Message was edited by: lavish88 2017-08-03 02:36 ]

BlondieBoomBoom

Posted: 2017-08-03 07:28 am   Permalink

Love the bar!!! All the work you put into it has really paid off!! I may use your shelving idea for the back of our bar

View Profile of BlondieBoomBoom Send a personal message to BlondieBoomBoom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-03 7:16 pm   Permalink

love your little yard and tiki space! outstanding! it must be tough being in a temp zone thats not friendly to so many tropical plants and the cost and difficulty it must be finding anything tiki in the UK! how do your neighbors enjoy your bar? i know from being there back in 2000, you all have to have short fences due to the lack of sun you all get, and anything that obstructs that may be a problem!? overall, a really neat space and bar, really enjoyed your lighted pathway! my fav part of any home tiki project is seeing other people reactions who aren't expecting it! love to see what u do next!!!
cheers

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-08-06 9:46 pm   Permalink

Nice job...I agree looks so inviting and comfortable. CHEERS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-13 6:40 pm   Permalink

I love the little bridge to your fabulous bar!!! Looks great!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation