FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TC at Long Beach Tiki Beach Fest Aug. 23-24
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
TC at Long Beach Tiki Beach Fest Aug. 23-24
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-22 08:21 am   Permalink

What time is everyone showing up? What time do the vendors get to start selling?

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: polynesianpop on 2003-08-22 08:30 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-22 09:55 am   Permalink

I think we start selling about 10 am.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-22 5:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Do any of you have directions to get to the Granada Street launch ramp? Please poste 'em! I and all the Gents and The Mysterious MML would greatly appreciate it. Mapquest ain't helping me none. Mahalo!

-Iuka

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-22 10:26 pm   Permalink

Here's a map I found:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=ZGwBXOp_0To0.m5BR2FauotOaOzbmXxWNG8-&csz=long+beach%2C+ca&country=us

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-23 04:50 am   Permalink

If you are coming to the Fest, bring your beach chairs. I'm setting up a lounge area with a little shade to kick it and watch Ole King Kukulele do his thing.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-23 11:48 am   Permalink

Just in..........

Bring some cash to this event and stop on by Crazy Al's space. If you're lucky, you might be able to take home a "Collaberation Tiki Bar!!" First time in history (and hopefully the last(arrrrrr!!), I let someone build a bar with me (actually 2 bars). So, stop on by and pick up the first in a "Very Limited" series and give C'Al a big, loud, ARRRRRR!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-24 1:20 pm   Permalink

Every one made fun of my extremely white legs yesterday I'm not going today!!! Nah I had to work today, good way to spend a Saturday yesterday though, hanging out at the beach with a few freinds. King Kook was hassling the crowd, oh I'm sorry I meant entertaining the crowd, while Tiki Diablo carved a tiki bob for the crowd.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-24 10:07 pm   Permalink

I wasn't the only one making fun of them legs? For a second, I thought you had some tube socks pulled to your knees. Good to see all who stopped by and chilled with us.

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-24 11:20 pm   Permalink

Stopped by and picked up a cool light switch cover from Crazy Al. Hoping to meet some TC members there but I don't know what anyone looks like.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 10:48 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the Support! This guy Fred puts this thing on every year and wants to go bigger next year with three to four days including a music/film festival. He is a Great Host. We finished up late last night with a great Brazilian based funk band and watched surf movies in the sand on a big ol rear projected screen! DVD!

see you next year.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 12:47 pm   Permalink

This is the tiki that ChikiTikiDiablo was carving as King played. The combination of those two was very entertaining, in an Abbott and Costello kind of way.

BEHOLD - TIKI ROBERTO:

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation