FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lili-Kai Club of Metro Detroit
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Lili-Kai Club of Metro Detroit
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 11:39 am   Permalink

We added some color changing LED rope light, to highlight the bamboo installed on the bar surround.

Before:

And after:

Before install:

After install:

And this is what we used to do so:

Along with some plastic clips, a 12v power supply, and a 12v to SMD 5050 controller.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 11:48 am   Permalink

Looks great! Those LED tape strips make a huge difference to a bar build. Surprisingly affordable as well. I've got a couple of 'em ready to install as soon as my build progresses a little further. Ain't technology grand?

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 11:58 am   Permalink

Some more additions!

Added an Ikea Jassa lamp, with a cheap LED bulb in it from Amazon. The lamp was on clearance (score!)

New artwork - "How To Kill A Hula Girl" by Candy Wild. This is a canvas giclee reproduction.

A custom serving platter, handmade by our good friend Jen! Thanks Jen!

And some fake potted plants that fill in the window cavity very nicely.

And, last but not least, and amazing custom velvet painting and matching mug from the unbelievably talented Wendy Cevola!

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 12:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-06 11:48, Prikli Pear wrote:
Looks great! Those LED tape strips make a huge difference to a bar build. Surprisingly affordable as well. I've got a couple of 'em ready to install as soon as my build progresses a little further. Ain't technology grand?

Sure is! I'm going to put a little trim around it down there so you don't stare at the LED strips directly when sitting down at a table or some such. Such an easy addition to the room though, and it really helps.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 12:13 pm   Permalink

Picked up a August Holland "Pearl of Wisdom" print for a song on Craigslist!

And, a couple of new treasures from Will Carve (Will Anders). The top item - a coconut shrunken head ...

and an amazing palm frond tiki!

Also scored this fish shaped story board from the island of Palau (via eBay.)

And finally, an overview of all the treasures hanging in their new home.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 12:26 pm   Permalink

A pair of mug lamps, handmade by Jason Shelfow. A moai mug ...

and a (Tiki Farm / Bill Collins) Nuku Nuku mug lamp.

And a bamboo birdcage, found for cheep on Craigslist.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 12:36 pm   Permalink

Just some recent overview shots.

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

Barrel chairs and table! The Wife and I were just looking at an old Sears or Montgomery Wards catalog online, circa 1977 or so, and they had an entire line of barrel furniture for sale. Wow. I'm envious. Wish I had access to something that retro cool now!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 2:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-06 14:41, Prikli Pear wrote:
Barrel chairs and table! The Wife and I were just looking at an old Sears or Montgomery Wards catalog online, circa 1977 or so, and they had an entire line of barrel furniture for sale. Wow. I'm envious. Wish I had access to something that retro cool now!

Yup, that's probably the same set we have here. The coffee table had a melamine top, and legs to make it dining table height. We replaced the top and kept the legs off. They do turn up on Craigslist from time to time.

mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 5:46 pm   Permalink

Love the bar lighting! And the watery blue lighting on the walls -- is that an led bulb on the ground behind the bar?

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-06 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-06 17:46, mike and marie wrote:
Love the bar lighting! And the watery blue lighting on the walls -- is that an led bulb on the ground behind the bar?

It is! It's a Gemmy blue Fire and Ice bulb. The "water" moves around as it is on. Pretty cool effect.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-07 06:16 am   Permalink

Finally caught up with progress shots! Here's the new booth that we installed last night.

Loaded into my friend's full size conversion van ... it took every bit of space and some Tetris level packing to fit.

Installed, with the original laminate top.

And mocked up here, with a smaller 21" top for cocktails only. This is the size it will be, but with a top matching the coffee table previously pictured.

tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-09-07 07:39 am   Permalink

Amazing build! You've scored some wonderful items on Craigslist. And the lighting adds so much...just wonderful!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-07 08:14 am   Permalink

Sweetness! I absolutely love that booth. Long-term plans are to have a booth like this at the *far* end of my covered patio. Several years ago, The Wife found a very cool one just thrown away in an alley near her old photo studio. She grabbed a model she knows and got some quick shots before going to a booking. She was going to get me to pick it up, but by the time she returned it was already gone. Missed opportunities, and all that.

My digressions aside, you have put together a fantastic tiki paradise. I am very impressed.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-07 08:47 am   Permalink

Just beautiful, so inviting.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation