FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » The Lili-Kai Club of Metro Detroit
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Lili-Kai Club of Metro Detroit
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-25 08:46 am   Permalink

96 feet of trim, routed and ready for burning.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-25 6:52 pm   Permalink

I almost forgot to post daylight photos of the new furniture setup.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-29 08:49 am   Permalink

Small new addition - fake bamboo plant, found on Craigslist.

W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-02 10:14 am   Permalink

Fantastic job. I love that you prioritized the sound system, and I think your idea of having simultaneous ambient sound along with your playlist is really great. I've got 2 ceiling speakers in my smaller bar, and would love to have maybe ambient sounds on a smaller system. Great Idea.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-06 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-09-02 10:14, W8N2Surf wrote:
Fantastic job. I love that you prioritized the sound system, and I think your idea of having simultaneous ambient sound along with your playlist is really great. I've got 2 ceiling speakers in my smaller bar, and would love to have maybe ambient sounds on a smaller system. Great Idea.

Thanks! The ambient setup is working great. Right now I am looping a tropical rainforest. The CD came with 2 tracks, and it's in stereo, so each speaker gets a different source (One pair plays track 1, the other pair plays track 2.) I'm using 2 ipod shuffles I bought off of eBay for $10. They are powered by a cheap USB charger, and will auto-loop via a switch on the back of the unit. Super simple setup, works great.

W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-07 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

Thanks! The ambient setup is working great. Right now I am looping a tropical rainforest. The CD came with 2 tracks, and it's in stereo, so each speaker gets a different source (One pair plays track 1, the other pair plays track 2.) I'm using 2 ipod shuffles I bought off of eBay for $10. They are powered by a cheap USB charger, and will auto-loop via a switch on the back of the unit. Super simple setup, works great.

So if I'm reading you right, each of the 4 speakers is actually playing different ambient content...brilliant! Do you mind sharing the name of the CD? Youtube has some good tracks that can be streamed...

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-07 07:57 am   Permalink

t
Quote:

So if I'm reading you right, each of the 4 speakers is actually playing different ambient content...brilliant! Do you mind sharing the name of the CD? Youtube has some good tracks that can be streamed...

Exactly! It works pretty well. Each speaker is in about the corner of the room, so it sounds like you're surrounded by the jungle.

The CD is called "Sounds of the Earth: Exotic Paradise."

There are other CDs in the series that I haven't heard yet, but may try out soon.

W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-07 08:03 am   Permalink

Thanks! Best "sound" advice I've seen in the forum!

Keep posting!

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-30 1:33 pm   Permalink

New addition to the family:

Teko Teko by Hottiki (Tom Green)

He looks great in his new home. Thanks again for sending him my way!

hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-01 8:15 pm   Permalink

It's nice having my carving flanked by some Brad Tiki Shark Parker art. Glad to see the agents of the U.S. Mail took care getting the Teko Teko to you in one piece. Looking forward to checking in on the Kili-Kai Club decorating updates as it looks like one of the bigger rooms out there. Thanks for working with me on my first major mailing event. ( picture me toasting my Mai-Tai glass to you...Cheers !!!! )

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-10 6:30 pm   Permalink

I was wondering who got that great HotTiki piece.
Congratulations, everything looks great, I love that your Tiki Bar is huge.
Hats off to you, family and friends for all the hard work.
It all looks great. Love the night shots.

So what is your "bar drink of choice" ?

Cheers
Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-14 12:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-10-01 20:15, hottiki wrote:
It's nice having my carving flanked by some Brad Tiki Shark Parker art. Glad to see the agents of the U.S. Mail took care getting the Teko Teko to you in one piece. Looking forward to checking in on the Kili-Kai Club decorating updates as it looks like one of the bigger rooms out there. Thanks for working with me on my first major mailing event. ( picture me toasting my Mai-Tai glass to you...Cheers !!!! )

Glad to have it! It's an awesome piece, and will be enjoyed by all.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-14 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-10-10 18:30, hang10tiki wrote:
I was wondering who got that great HotTiki piece.
Congratulations, everything looks great, I love that your Tiki Bar is huge.
Hats off to you, family and friends for all the hard work.
It all looks great. Love the night shots.

So what is your "bar drink of choice" ?

Thanks! It's a huge space indeed. We thought about making it smaller, but there was no good way to do so. I'm not complaining now though.

We have 2 specials that are really popular - both of them are custom drinks by my wife and I. The first is our twist on a "tiki white russian," and the second we made in honor of a painting we acquired.

Caffeinated Kama'aina
Method – Shaken
Glass – Old fashioned
Garnish – Coffee bean

coffee liqueur (homemade or Tia Maria) 2 oz.
Instant espresso powder (Ferarra) 1 tsp.
whole milk 1 1/2 oz.
macadamia nut liqueur (Trader Vic’s) 3/4 oz.
pimento dram 1 tsp.
Angostura bitters 1 dash

1. Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
2. Shake, and strain into an old fashioned glass.
3. Garnish with a coffee bean.

---------------------------

Kraken's Wrath
Method – Built
Glass – Old fashioned
Garnish – Lime wedge

pineapple 1 large chunk / 20-25 gr. / 1”x1”x2”
falernum 1/2 oz.
rum #22 (spiced - homemade or Kraken) 3/4 oz.
rum #3 (Demerara - El Dorado 8 ) 3/4 oz.
lime juice 3/4 oz.
Tiki or Angostura bitters 2 dashes

1. Put pineapple and falernum into glass. Muddle pineapple.
2. Add all other ingredients and ice.
3. Stir and serve.

Note about the pineapple: I designed the drink around fresh pineapple, 20-25 gr., around 1”x1”x2”. Some alternate options would be Dole pineapple chunks in can, around 3 of them, or less than 1/4 oz. pineapple juice.

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Bannow 2016-10-14 12:37 ]

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

Still finishing off the trim. We've been playing with burning the trim, first with a small plumbers torch, which provided a lot of control but took too long, and finally with this beast:

From Harbor Freight, $20 (tank not included). This takes care of the job in no time. We will still use the small torch for the edges I think. Here's the outcome:

We will then put a clear coat over the top, and it's ready to hang.

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-10 06:40 am   Permalink

Have a Solomon Islands Nguzu Nguzu War Canoe Idol coming. Should make a nice addition to the collection.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation