Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Black velvet nekkid lady
Black velvet nekkid lady
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-18 8:11 pm   Permalink

One thing my home tiki environment was missing was a black velvet nude to hang over our dining room bar area. So I painted this one. The model was Miss November of 1968. No, she isn't very polynesian, but I like her.

BTW, it has been a scandalously long time since I have been on here, and I have forgotten how to update an older thread. So sorry for starting a new topic.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-06-18 10:02 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Gwen!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-19 04:32 am   Permalink

Very very nice. That would fit in any bar. You have captured the look and feel of classic velvet painting perfectly.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-19 05:03 am   Permalink

Thanks, guys. It is a very tricky medium, but I had a blast doing it. I would love to do more of this kinda thing.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-06-19 07:11 am   Permalink

Black Velvet is really hard especially with large areas, You did a great job and I very sure all the guys really appreciated this post. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-20 3:41 pm   Permalink

Nice! Great work!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-20 7:10 pm   Permalink

Nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hami-The-Tiki-Torch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-03 3:53 pm   Permalink

ahhhh.....the blue highlights. dang. that's exquisite.

View Profile of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Send a personal message to Hami-The-Tiki-Torch  Email Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Goto the website of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 10:26 am   Permalink

Outstanding painting. Good on you.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation