FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Tiki a`la DANG!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki a`la DANG!
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 7:16 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, just getting warmed up here in the forum. I do a lot in watercolor, very neotraditional tattoo style, but FOR THE LOVE OF RUM I thought I'd post a few theme-appropriate works... first up: a few pattern tile pieces I had printed as fabric for an aloha shirt, but can also be wallpaper/wrapping paper on SPOONFLOWER.com
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/3912434-hulaatile-by-dang-by-mrdang

and
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/5470076-tikiflipband-by-mrdang

View Profile of ARTalaDANG Send a personal message to ARTalaDANG  Goto the website of ARTalaDANG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 7:21 pm   Permalink

...and I'm also the guy posting about the misfits/maitai shirt
https://society6.com/product/mai-taifits_t-shirt#s6-2271214p15a4v75a5v17a11v49
(might see these at TIKIOASIS2016 as well)

View Profile of ARTalaDANG Send a personal message to ARTalaDANG  Goto the website of ARTalaDANG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 7:41 pm   Permalink

Heres a puffer, a 'Hussy', and an ominous red banana...

ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 7:44 pm   Permalink

a lil tease of some works from my 'spooki series'- (something something TIKIOASIS2016 something)

(I'm @ArtAlaDang on instagram to stay current w the teases)

ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 7:47 pm   Permalink

...Aaannnndd I've been messing around with 3D printing my own tiki mugs. Anybody else doing this?

ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 8:00 pm   Permalink

Last one for now: a small collage of some of the tiki-er designs I have on Zazzle.com (shirts and POD product stuffs
http://www.zazzle.com/aladang

Hami-The-Tiki-Torch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-28 03:22 am   Permalink

Killer! The Droopy piece is awesome....4 Life!

View Profile of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Send a personal message to Hami-The-Tiki-Torch  Email Hami-The-Tiki-Torch Goto the website of Hami-The-Tiki-Torch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-28 08:46 am   Permalink

Nice work, I like the orange color Maori looking mug.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2016-06-28 08:46 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-07-01 7:13 pm   Permalink

Haha, devil Bob. You should make that mug, it would be a HOT seller.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-01 7:25 pm   Permalink

Thx all for the kind words, always nice to see if "the audience gets the gag"; and extra nice to get positive vibes to know I'm doing the genre justice...

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-07-09 8:23 pm   Permalink

You've created a style unlike anyone else's and that's really hard to accomplish. I think you've found your niche in the tiki world.

Horror in Clay aka Jonathan Chaffin did a 3D printer mug that was used to make the mold to cast ceramic mugs. The printer however made many undercut areas that had to be dealt with before casting.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-10 8:55 pm   Permalink

Yeah, im pretty sure thats how mine got made (it was all done through shapeways.com, and their guidelines were very strict in order to flag the mugs as 'printable' in porcelain,i just created the 3d model).

Dagger-Palm
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-08-30 02:57 am   Permalink

Awesome artwork!

View Profile of Dagger-Palm Send a personal message to Dagger-Palm      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-30 9:31 pm   Permalink

Thx (all) for the great feedback and positive vibes both here and at my popup art show (pARTay) at 2016s Tiki Oasis! TikiO (as always was a great time, the artshow/room party went great (grand member 'Lunavideogames' even won us BEST COCKTAIL!) SPOILER ALERT- Looks like I'll be vending at Tiki Mākeke on December 10th at Don the Beachcomber! Already working on lots of new stuffs...

ARTalaDANG
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-21 12:37 pm   Permalink

Working on A LOT of new pieces for December's Tiki Mākeke at Don the Beachcomber, I'll be posting and unveiling on here/insta/etsy and society6 along the way. here's a few to wet your weasel:

a few are already up on soc6:
https://society6.com/mrdang/prints?show=new

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation