FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food BG Reynolds Mai Tai/Zombie/JetPilot Mixers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
BG Reynolds Mai Tai/Zombie/JetPilot Mixers
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-14 8:41 pm   Permalink

I have been impressed by everything that I've had from BG Reynolds. I just came across his bottled mixers and was wondering if anyone has tried them, and if so what'd you think of them?

http://awesomedrinks.com/collections/b-g-reynolds-cocktail-mixers

Mahalo!

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Adam Aku Aku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-14 9:52 pm   Permalink

I believe they just discontinued all but the Mai Tai mix.

View Profile of Adam Aku Aku Send a personal message to Adam Aku Aku  Email Adam Aku Aku     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-15 09:27 am   Permalink

Correct.

He is getting rid of most of the mixers and many of the syrups as well. Streamlining operations and inventory. Sad because I loved all his stuff, but my liver can only take so much.

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-15 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-15 09:27, Rawim wrote:
He is getting rid of most of the mixers and many of the syrups as well.

The syrups too? Such as what? What's your source? I'm gonna flip!

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oroborean
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-15 7:27 pm   Permalink

not a fan of their falernum. i prefer Tippleman's, which you can get from Napa Distillery at http://www.napadistillery.com/product/Tippleman---Falernum-Syrup

View Profile of oroborean Send a personal message to oroborean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-07-18 09:10 am   Permalink

I've noticed the Ginger Syrup is now missing from their site. Bummer! I loved that stuff!

As for Tippleman's Falernum, I found it way too sweat and not near spicy enough. B.G. Reynolds is my go-to when I want a full-flavored falernum, Taylor's Velvet when I want the more delicate flavor.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-18 09:30 am   Permalink

I was wanting to get another bottle of the lime cordial recently for some Suffering Bastards and noticed it had been yanked from their site (along with a bunch of other stuff). I guess I had better grab some online while I can, before it's Rose's Lime or nothing.

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-18 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-18 09:10, JenTiki wrote:B.G. Reynolds is my go-to when I want a full-flavored falernum, Taylor's Velvet when I want the more delicate flavor.

Exactly my stance too, only Taylor's tends to be everyday for me while BG's is my "treat yourself" falernum. Love it.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-18 1:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-18 09:30, HopeChest wrote:
I was wanting to get another bottle of the lime cordial recently for some Suffering Bastards and noticed it had been yanked from their site (along with a bunch of other stuff). I guess I had better grab some online while I can, before it's Rose's Lime or nothing.

Try Stirrings "Clarified Key Lime". It's basically lime cordial with an exotic-sounding label and it works in all the same spots. Gimlets, Yellow Boxers, etc.

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-21 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-18 13:23, PalmtreePat wrote:
Quote:

Try Stirrings "Clarified Key Lime". It's basically lime cordial with an exotic-sounding label and it works in all the same spots. Gimlets, Yellow Boxers, etc.

Wow, my luck is REALLY bad. That has been yanked from Stirrings' website and everywhere else I checked is out of stock, even Amazon.

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki

Posted: 2016-07-22 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

You can always make your own.
http://cocktails.about.com/od/makeyourownmixers/r/lime_cordial.htm

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oroborean
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-31 3:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-18 09:10, JenTiki wrote:
I've noticed the Ginger Syrup is now missing from their site. Bummer! I loved that stuff!

Liber & Co. is my go-to ginger syrup. Give it a try if you can't find what you like?
http://www.liberandcompany.com/products/fiery-ginger-syrup

Quote:

As for Tippleman's Falernum, I found it way too sweat and not near spicy enough. B.G. Reynolds is my go-to when I want a full-flavored falernum, Taylor's Velvet when I want the more delicate flavor.

To each their own. I used Taylor's most because it's easiest to find. But one time I had Taylor's, Reynolds, and Tippleman's all at the same time and did some taste tests and found Tippleman's to be what I enjoyed most. But then again that was before i was using 2:1 simple syrup, so maybe it was just a mouthfeel thing.

View Profile of oroborean Send a personal message to oroborean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki

Posted: 2016-10-12 12:16 pm   Permalink

There are updates to the BG Reynolds website, including a bunch of the syrups and mixers being available again. Online ordering is also now available! Whew! I was worried there for a while.

http://www.bgreynolds.com/blog/

mmaurice

Posted: 30 days ago; 6:23 pm   Permalink

Just received a sampler pack of the Mixers as a gift and I have to say mixed reviews.

The Zombie is ok, very heavy flavor of pernod. The Jet Pilot follows right behind, just doesn't have the grenadine flavor as expected

The Mai Tai mix wasn't good. The mix smells like Rose's Lime Juice and it has a very syrupy taste.

Any other experience the same?

View Profile of mmaurice Send a personal message to mmaurice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scaramouch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 28 days ago; 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-12-21 18:23, mmaurice wrote:
Just received a sampler pack of the Mixers as a gift and I have to say mixed reviews.

The Zombie is ok, very heavy flavor of pernod. The Jet Pilot follows right behind, just doesn't have the grenadine flavor as expected

The Mai Tai mix wasn't good. The mix smells like Rose's Lime Juice and it has a very syrupy taste.

Any other experience the same?

I got them all when they first came out, and ended up pouring them all down the drain. Nice concept, and I have bought Reynold's syrups over the years, but I found the mixers to taste artificial and acrid.

One caveat, I now make all my own syrups (with the sole exception of Orgeat - for that I use Latitude 29's) so maybe my tastebuds have just gotten used to natural flavors. So your results may vary.

View Profile of Scaramouch Send a personal message to Scaramouch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation