FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food BG Reynolds Mai Tai/Zombie/JetPilot Mixers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
BG Reynolds Mai Tai/Zombie/JetPilot Mixers
arcadiandj
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-25 07:51 am   Permalink

Did some research and was only willing to try the Jet Pilot mix (love their falernum). It is not bad, but my homemade Jet Pilot is much better. There is way too much licorice taste in my opinion. And I haven't even tried the recommended recipe. Instead I used a modification I found on line: "an ounce of dark and gold rums, and a half ounce of a 151 rum. If you cut back the mixer to just two ounces, and add the rums, then this really comes close to an authentic jet Pilot." I'm worried I may not make it through the bottle before it goes bad and even had the impulse to pour it out a couple times. I will play with it though, because it is quality stuff. I will not buy it again.

View Profile of arcadiandj Send a personal message to arcadiandj      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CosmoReverb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-03-22 12:10 pm   Permalink

Didn't know where else to put this and it is certainly not worth creating a new thread for, but for folks in the LA/OC area of SoCal who have been wanting to but finding it hard to locate a brick-and-mortar source for BG Reynolds products, I was at Hi Time in Costa Mesa last night and saw that they appear to be starting to carry at least some of the BG Reynolds syrups and mixers. I believe that I saw the Zombie and Mai Tai mixers as well as the Falernum, Demerara, and Paradise Blend (Don's Mix) syrups. They didn't have the orgeat which is what I was looking for, (picked up some Liquid Alchemy to try instead) but maybe they will be carrying a more complete line-up in the future.

Just thought kids might want to know...

View Profile of CosmoReverb Send a personal message to CosmoReverb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the head's up! The only place locally that I'm aware of is a place in Silverlake called Bar Keeper, but if there's another CA store like Hi Time that's definitely great.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation