FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 2016 - (Un)official Thread - Party on Monster Island
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2016 - (Un)official Thread - Party on Monster Island
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-21 4:58 pm   Permalink

The event is sold out but I understand a limited amount of tickets will be available at the door on Fri, Aug 19th at 10am.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2016-07-21 17:31 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-07-23 11:57 pm   Permalink

Planning in earnest - bringing the tiki to Monster Island.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-24 01:36 am   Permalink

So, as a newbie, what sort of sleep schedule should I be planning on?

View Profile of Tiki Drifter Send a personal message to Tiki Drifter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2016-07-24 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-24 01:36, Tiki Drifter wrote:

A lot of that may depend on your room location - if you're near one of the suites where room parties are happening then sleep may be a bit of a challenge. We've typically stayed in the tower facing the pool are and it's not too hard to get some sleep in the early morning hours. The stage/pool area is generally pretty quiet after the main show that evening, as most people move over to the room parties.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cryptkicker5

Posted: 2016-07-24 5:23 pm   Permalink

Argh!

I screwed up and didn’t buy my ticket in time. I’m in a bad situation because I already booked my airplane ticket and hotel.

If you have an extra ticket, or know someone who does please let me know.

Does anyone have experience with getting one of the possible tickets on Friday morning?

I’d hate to have to shell out $400 for the Cocktail ticket.

Thanx,
Mark

View Profile of cryptkicker5 Send a personal message to cryptkicker5  Email cryptkicker5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-24 8:30 pm   Permalink

Already bought hotel room for the weekend. But you need tickets this far in advance? I mean, it's a month away. Who plans that far, I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow!?

Plus, I only just found out about this.

Now what do I do, I can't just show up at the door, eh? Cant get there Fri morn, not til Fri eve. Anyone resell tix on Stubhub or sumthin?

View Profile of MrFab Send a personal message to MrFab  Goto the website of MrFab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki

Posted: 2016-07-25 08:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-24 09:53, heylownine wrote:
Quote:

A lot of that may depend on your room location - if you're near one of the suites where room parties are happening then sleep may be a bit of a challenge. We've typically stayed in the tower facing the pool are and it's not too hard to get some sleep in the early morning hours. The stage/pool area is generally pretty quiet after the main show that evening, as most people move over to the room parties.

kevin

I had a pool-facing tower room for several years and can say that sleep can be hard to come by unless you bring earplugs. The yelling and partying around the suites and pool goes on at all hours, I remember being awakened at 4:00am one year. If you want actual sleep, you might consider getting a room in the designated "quiet" areas, but I'm sure those sold out months ago. Or you might even consider getting a room at the hotel next door. Good luck.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2016-07-26 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-25 08:16, JenTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2016-07-24 09:53, heylownine wrote:
Quote:

kevin

I had a pool-facing tower room for several years and can say that sleep can be hard to come by unless you bring earplugs. The yelling and partying around the suites and pool goes on at all hours, I remember being awakened at 4:00am one year. If you want actual sleep, you might consider getting a room in the designated "quiet" areas, but I'm sure those sold out months ago. Or you might even consider getting a room at the hotel next door. Good luck.

Fair enough, "able to sleep" is pretty subjective and I consider myself lucky that I can get some sleep at Oasis even when the party outsode extends into the wee hours.

kevin

[ This Message was edited by: heylownine 2016-07-26 21:22 ]

lunavideogames
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-07-26 11:26 pm   Permalink

Why don't you just uber home Tikidrifter? Not everyone lives in SD

I usually park my car close by so I have a place to put my purchases and store my rum. Then I uber back and forth, but never drink and drive. Friday and Saturday nights can go til 4 in the AM or later depending on how long you want it to go. Most parties usually run out of drinks by that time.

Yeah for serious it is pretty tough to find a quiet place in Crown Plaza. I don't think the quiet rooms are actually quiet. You can try to stay up until 4 and then try to sleep until the bands start... Or you can try to get sooo drunk that nothing can wake you. Everything is loud and it keeps getting louder as the weekend progresses. For the first timers, if you really do need your beauty sleep I would recommend an adjacent hotel or earplugs at least. Many room parties have loud bands all night and people are in the pool/hot tub constantly and are louder the drunker they get.

It is a great time but I like that I can get a $7 uber away from the craziness when I need to. It may be worth it to new people as well to grab a cheap hotel a few miles away for some escapism.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2016-07-26 23:31 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2016-07-28 1:16 pm   Permalink

My friend is looking for a 3 or 4 day pass. Please let me know if you have one, we will buy it from you with no hassle.

I am also looking to get 1 or 2 tickets to the Bartender Battle on Sunday at 2. If you have had a little too much to drink the previous days and do not feel like attending, please let me know even day of and I will buy them from you. Those sold out before I could even look to buy them

Thanks!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-07-28 4:31 pm   Permalink

I also need one 3-day ticket. Sold out too early!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cryptkicker5

Posted: 2016-07-30 5:49 pm   Permalink

For any other TIki Oasis attendees that got missed out on tickets, try checking the eventbite website occasionally https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-oasis-2016-monster-island-tickets-24225183175

I don’t know if this was a fluke, or if tickets are occasionally becoming available, but last night I went to the site and next to the Four Night wristband it displayed ‘unavailable’ instead of ‘Sold Out’. I hit the refresh button a couple times and then tickets were available for purchase. I quickly hit the 1 quantity and then Order Now. I have a confirmation number and confirming email, so I’m relieved and good to go. (I was very stressed about going there and possibly not getting a ticket).

I hope this option brings others good luck also.
Mark

View Profile of cryptkicker5 Send a personal message to cryptkicker5  Email cryptkicker5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-02 12:14 pm   Permalink

HI all!
I have a room at kings inn thursday-sunday for anyone who wants it!

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-02 4:30 pm   Permalink

Same thing happened to me! Got lucky and got my ticket. Now they say sold out again.

Quote:

On 2016-07-30 17:49, cryptkicker5 wrote:
For any other TIki Oasis attendees that got missed out on tickets, try checking the eventbite website occasionally https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-oasis-2016-monster-island-tickets-24225183175

I don’t know if this was a fluke, or if tickets are occasionally becoming available, but last night I went to the site and next to the Four Night wristband it displayed ‘unavailable’ instead of ‘Sold Out’. I hit the refresh button a couple times and then tickets were available for purchase. I quickly hit the 1 quantity and then Order Now. I have a confirmation number and confirming email, so I’m relieved and good to go. (I was very stressed about going there and possibly not getting a ticket).

I hope this option brings others good luck also.
Mark

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2016-08-09 8:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm searching for 2 weekend wristbands for friends who didn't get their tickets in time but that have a room at the Crowne Plaza. Please let me know if anyone has two for sale.

Mahalo!

kevin

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation