Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Paul Page reissue campaign
Paul Page reissue campaign
Quiet Village Idiot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-12 07:09 am   Permalink

Subliminal Sounds in Sweden is launching a comprehensive Paul Page reissue campaign.

http://www.subliminalsounds.se/paul-page/

First up is Passport to Paradise, which is now available on Spotify, Itunes etc. More to follow, including vinyl and CD reissues!

https://open.spotify.com/album/46UJs0RKccn1esmuISGDV3

View Profile of Quiet Village Idiot Send a personal message to Quiet Village Idiot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
akuaku48

Posted: 2017-08-11 8:34 pm   Permalink

Just purchased and downloaded albums from iTunes : "The Big Island Says Aloha", "Passport to Paradise", "Let's Have a Luau", and "Christmas in Paradise". Four complete albums---46 songs. Thank you, thank you for finally making Paul Page's music available. I have searched for years to try and find his albums. Now I can die in peace.

View Profile of akuaku48 Send a personal message to akuaku48      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bedhead

Posted: 2018-07-20 06:18 am   Permalink

I spotted this on Amazon and pre-ordered it immediately:

https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Paradise-Paul-Page-Music/dp/B07D5H7L8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532092238&sr=8-1&keywords=paul+page+cd

I like to have hard copies of what's available and this one caught me by surprise.

Another link:

https://www.subliminalsounds.se/product/paul-page-and-his-paradise-music-pacific-paradise-cd/

View Profile of bedhead Send a personal message to bedhead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-20 07:25 am   Permalink

I ordered the CD as well and I'm looking forward to the 32 page booklet that comes with it.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bedhead

Posted: 2018-08-07 8:04 pm   Permalink

WOW! Just got it and I am taken back. Lots of cuts that I didn't know even existed are included and the sound quality is quite good. The booklet alone is worth the ticket price!

Thank you all who made this issue possible!

View Profile of bedhead Send a personal message to bedhead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-10-22 9:10 pm   Permalink

This was the first CD (along with two by Ixtahuele) I've purchased in some time. It's a great album; the worst I can say is that the print in the booklet is so small that I'll also need to buy a magnifying glass to read it....

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-23 08:25 am   Permalink

I have to agree that the production quality of this project is top-notch. The research that went into this is extensive. Paul Page was really of his era. Nice to see that bit of history being preserved in such an impressive manner.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation