Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tike'a Book by Dr. Alderete
Tike'a Book by Dr. Alderete
Dr. Alderete
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-11-17 08:11 am   Permalink

Tike’a Rapa Nui is a book by artist and graphic designer Dr. Alderete.
This is many books contained in just one – from graphic art to anthropology, from travel to ethnography, this book will be published in both English and Spanish by Rey Naranjo.

Together with the amazing art of Alderete in its 200 pages, Tike’a compiles the collaboration of experts about this particular culture, with texts by Francisco Torres Hochstetter – Director of the Museum of Anthropology P. Sebastian Englert, Easter Island; Jesús Pacheco – Mexican writer and journalist; Sven Kirsten – expert in Tiki culture and author of The Book of Tiki, Tiki Modern, and Tiki Pop (all edited by Taschen); Anahí Luna – Master’s Degree on Art History by UNAM; and Raffaella Cedraschi – Ethnologist and Curator of the “Tike’a and the South Pacific Islands” exhibition at the National Museum of Cultures in Mexico City.

I hope soon this book will soon stop being a dream. Together with the people at Kickstarter Mx, the publisher house Rey Naranjo and your help this can be a reality...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661625971/tikea-a-book-by-dr-alderete

TIKE’A BOOK
1,000 copies / Softcover / Hardcover
190 pages / Full color
Language: Spanish and English
Size: 19 x 27 cm / 7.5 x 11 in

View Profile of Dr. Alderete Send a personal message to Dr. Alderete  Email Dr. Alderete Goto the website of Dr. Alderete     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-11-17 08:15 am   Permalink

GROG love Dr. Alderete art.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

i'm with grog! the good doctor's art is a unique interpretation of tiki that i really dig. buy this book, please! i want my copy!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Alderete
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-16 10:03 am   Permalink

We are already half time, there are still 30 more days left.
But we have collected 75%.
Thank you!!

View Profile of Dr. Alderete Send a personal message to Dr. Alderete  Email Dr. Alderete Goto the website of Dr. Alderete     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Alderete
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-28 10:54 am   Permalink

Iorana!
A few lines just to tell you that we have already exceeded 90% of the goal!
And thanks to the friends of Palmeras y Puros (Spain) and Munktiki (USA) we have a new reward limited to 15 units ...

We are still working on the book! 16 days to reach the goal. So, thanks for joining!! If you want to follow up on networks we are using these hashtags: #tikea #tikeathebook #alderetetikea

Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-04 08:06 am   Permalink

When and can the book be ordered from booksellers like Barnes & Noble?

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-01-12 10:05 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-13 10:41 am   Permalink

last day. kickstarter ends at 5 am PST tomorrow.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 12 days ago; 6:30 pm   Permalink

How did I missed this! What happened? did it came out?
(Jorge, I lost my cellphone and my contacts in it. Please call me if you read this)

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation