FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Cat, Kansas City, Mo (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Cat, Kansas City, Mo (bar)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-16 07:50 am   Permalink

http://www.feastmagazine.com/the-feed/kansas_city_news/article_25cdd1c2-205b-11e7-a920-5b4ae77e4a1a.html

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-16 07:52 am   Permalink

https://news.critiki.com/2017/04/13/tikicat-is-now-open-in-kansas-city/

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-16 07:55 am   Permalink

https://www.evensi.com/retro-cocktail-hour-wednesday-at-tiki-cat-401-westport-rd/210435736

Bamboo Ben

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-22 6:19 pm   Permalink

Tikicat is our fondest dream come true. And it's here in KC for real. If you ever visit the area, it's a DO NOT MISS. Here's Mr & Mrs. 8FT with Martin Cate of Smuggler's Cove fame who was here for the preview and opening. It's his drink menu and skills taught to the staff that make the drinks amazing! Thanks Martin for everything including signing our book.
Mahalo to Ben for the build out. You and your son made it fantastic.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-06 9:49 pm   Permalink

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/chow-town/article154423739.html

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-06 9:50 pm   Permalink

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/chow-town/article154412364.html

Bamboo Ben

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-21 6:26 pm   Permalink

The goodies we've brought home from Tikicat including swizzles, picks, napkins stickers, drink menu and mugs signed by the Artist Anthony Carpenter.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-06 2:14 pm   Permalink

Port St Lucie is getting a HopCat, in Tradition....just down the road from me.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/entertainment/dining/2017/08/29/hopcat-bringing-80-taps-craft-beer-and-crack-fries-port-st-lucie-2018/609776001/

No mention of a Tikicat.....

Is KC the only location that has a Tikicat? Should I keep my hopes up???

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-06 2:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Is KC the only location that has a Tikicat? Should I keep my hopes up???

I believe Mark Sellers indicated that he intended to open an additional tiki bar or bars following the Reichek Collection purchase, but he had not decided on any locations. Expansion can be something of a moving target--at one point, the Mai Kai had plans to open branches in New York and Paris, after all.

https://news.critiki.com/2017/11/03/mystery-buyer-of-the-jordan-reichek-tiki-collection-revealed/

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-06 2:47 pm   Permalink

Interesting.....

The article I linked above mentions that the CEO (Mark Gray) is a resident of PSL for 17 years. Grasping at straws, but kinda hope that would put PSL's location near the top of the list if it happens. I imagine he'll be in and out of that location quite a bit. I'll have to see if I can bump into him sometime and mention how cool it would be to have one here. You feel like making a roadtrip out this way Ben??

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-06 3:33 pm   Permalink

Before TikiCat, there were plans to put a tiki bar in Grand Rapids, MI, home of HopCat. From what I understand, those plans were postponed when funding came through to bring the HopCat brand to more locations nationwide.

In my opinion, Us tikiphiles in Grand Rapids should be next in line

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-02-06 4:24 pm   Permalink

Put it in OHIO.

We got snow, grey weather, rain.
And broke mo fos EVERYWHERE.

F... that, put where the sun do shine.

PM me.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-12 6:18 pm   Permalink

Skip......SKIP!!! Get off of the ledge. Plan a trip to KC and we'll warm you up at TikiCat.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-02-16 2:45 pm   Permalink

Ok but if I come to KC I will spend lots of time at the BBQ joints, or the American royal BBQ contest.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

Hopcat had put a call-out on a Pt. St. Lucie Garage Sale page on Facebook I'm subscribed to, looking for applicants. I replied asking if there were any plans for a Tikicat. They replied.....none for the foreseeable future.

I'm kinda bummed, but as the Mai Kai is just a 4hr. round trip for me, I guess I should be grateful that it is so close and not be so greedy wishing I had a Tikicat also.

howlinowl

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation